logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
advisiontv  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 8:27:10 AM(UTC)
advisiontv

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Please change the units of rotation (Z axis) into degrees!! It's currently Radians I think! I had to import a lot of phone footage the other day and it was all sideways and upside down! Trying to work out the correct number to simply rotate something 90 degrees is so hard!

Secondly, as mentioned elsewhere, having the ability to see all aux routing rather than having to right click to bring up tick boxes. It takes ages to check!

Thirdly, if there are several videos (I had over 100 in my last show) and I need to quickly alter the audio level, it is really hard to find the individual mixer (especially if it is minimised). It would be great if that minimised audio channel would light up in the same colour as the output box is (when it is cut up the description changes from a black background to green) to make it easy to find. The preview highlighted the preview colour would be useful too!

thanks 1 user thanked advisiontv for this useful post.
Jonas Wagner on 5/10/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 8:40:00 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: advisiontv Go to Quoted Post
Please change the units of rotation (Z axis) into degrees!! It's currently Radians I think! I had to import a lot of phone footage the other day and it was all sideways and upside down! Trying to work out the correct number to simply rotate something 90 degrees is so hard!

Would be nice but;
how many times does one need to work this out (90 deg)? IMO only once (1.570)
matkeane  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2021 12:19:57 AM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
+1. Can we please use units other than radians in the UI.

I get that - behind the scenes - most software uses radians for rotations. However speaking as a human, I'd rather deal with degrees (0-360) or fractions of a rotation (0-1).

It's true that this doesn't come up every minute of every day, but when a client asks for something to be rotated 90, or 45, degrees, it would be nice if the very expensive calculating machine under my desk could do the maths for me. I can't think of another piece of software I use that uses radians in the UI (I'm sure there are exceptions, but none I can think of right now).