logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RC_31  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 8:52:38 PM(UTC)
RC_31

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi guys!

I'm planning to build a laptop setup using one of these m.2 capture cards, the Eco Capture Quad SDI M.2 or the SC400N4 M2 SDI. The question is, are they both compatible with vMix? They're not listed on the supported hardware tab on the website, but you know it's always changing.

Do anyone from you have experience with one of these capture cards? Do they work properly?

Thanks a lot!
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 2:50:00 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RC_31 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys!

I'm planning to build a laptop setup using one of these m.2 capture cards, the Eco Capture Quad SDI M.2 or the SC400N4 M2 SDI. The question is, are they both compatible with vMix? They're not listed on the supported hardware tab on the website, but you know it's always changing.

Do anyone from you have experience with one of these capture cards? Do they work properly?

Thanks a lot!

I have used both of them and although i love everything Magewell does i had to go with the Yuan due to the magewell over heating. I used mine in a NUC and the yuan is like 3 decks high with the fan so not sure if that will work for you in the laptop. let me know i can show you the yuan when i get home. the Magewell although a little lower since it didn't have a small fan to help with heat might have changed since then but i no longer have it since i returned it. the yuan has performed in my NUC very well and have been impressed.
thanks 1 user thanked NiBTour for this useful post.
RC_31 on 5/17/2020(UTC)
NiBTour  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 3:27:46 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I apologize i was referring to the SC550N4 M2 SDI in terms of it being a triple decker with a small fan. I just looked and the SC400N4 M2 SDI seems to be much smaller in terms of height. everything else stands though as the yuan never overheated.
RC_31  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 7:13:09 PM(UTC)
RC_31

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NiBTour Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RC_31 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys!

Thanks a lot!

I have used both of them and although i love everything Magewell does i had to go with the Yuan due to the magewell over heating. I used mine in a NUC and the yuan is like 3 decks high with the fan so not sure if that will work for you in the laptop. let me know i can show you the yuan when i get home. the Magewell although a little lower since it didn't have a small fan to help with heat might have changed since then but i no longer have it since i returned it. the yuan has performed in my NUC very well and have been impressed.

Thanks a lot. I would love to see your NUC setup in order to see the capture card actual size and figure out if it will fit in mi laptop.

Thanks again!