logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KMR  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
KMR

Groups: Registered
Ireland

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All.

I have a quick question. I have a vMix 4K license which supports 4 vMix Call calls.

I was wondering if the 4 calls is concurrent calls, inputs (calls setup with links, but not being used at the same time?), calls on live?

Basically, I have a show where throughout the show we have 8 guests total, but only 2 guests + 1 host at a time. What happens if a 5th caller comes in during an interview, will the new caller cut off one of the others?

Just trying to clarify, as I don't have anyone to test this yet.

Thanks.

Kevin

--- UPDATE ---

I'm going to partially answer my own question, I have tried and learned that vmix will only let you create 4 vMix Call inputs.

So the second part of my question would be: If I give the same call password to the second set of guests, what happens if the second segments guests call in a bit early? Do the current guests get disconnected?
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 8:55:39 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KMR Go to Quoted Post

So the second part of my question would be: If I give the same call password to the second set of guests, what happens if the second segments guests call in a bit early? Do the current guests get disconnected?

Yes.

You could have a second preset file with another four call inputs, so you can already send the passwords, close the first call inputs when they are finished and append new inputs to your running show.

https://forums.vmix.com/...s-in-vMix-Call#post72646
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
KMR on 5/2/2020(UTC)
KMR  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 9:15:09 AM(UTC)
KMR

Ireland

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KMR Go to Quoted Post

Yes.

You could have a second preset file with another four call inputs, so you can already send the passwords, close the first call inputs when they are finished and append new inputs to your running show.

https://forums.vmix.com/...s-in-vMix-Call#post72646

Oh this is brilliant! Thank you.