logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jb1206  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 1:52:13 AM(UTC)
jb1206

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello vMix,

Been banging my head with this issue for the past week and haven't figured out a solution, seeing if anyone else has come across this.

We are using a computer at our remote studio running vMix and generally use vMix Call for interviews and guests. Lately, some guests have had issues calling into vMix call, so we've been integrating Skype into our workflow. Everything works great locally on the computer. Bringing in guests via NDI, and sending return audio/video with NDI Virtual Input. No problem.

Now lately with the Coronavirus, we have been producing our shows remotely. Using Remote Desktop to control our remote studio computer and operating the switcher that way. The issue we are running into is when you are remotely controlling a host, Skype doesn't see Newtek NDI Audio as an input. It actually doesn't see any of the remote hardware connected- it just reads 'no microphone device found'. Again, this all works locally so it doesn't appear to be an app privacy issue. Remote Desktop takes control of the host computer and will not let you use local audio sources in Skype- when I choose audio devices to use in the RDC app, it only redirects my remote machine's audio back to host... there may be a solution where I send audio from vMix, to my remote machine, and route that back into the host skype session, but that doesn't make sense to me and seems way too complicated.

Has anybody come across this? I know it's not technically a vMix question, but this seems to be the best place to ask as we are running vMix and I imagine many people are working remotely these days.

Thanks for your help, I can provide additional info if need be.