logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
advisiontv  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 7:40:46 PM(UTC)
advisiontv

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm running a virtual pub quiz where 10 scorers will be entering in 10 teams into a google sheets spreadsheet. I will be updating a GT Title graphic showing the leaderboard which is 100 team names and their score (pulled from fields in an Excel speadsheet).

I have set up API etc - but looks like im probably requesting too much as Im getting the too many request error.

Doing the maths, am I actually asking for 200 requests everytime? So if I have it to auto update every 10 seconds, does that mean I'm actually asking for 2000 requests in their 100 seconds? (i believe it's 500 every 100 seconds you get for free).

Pulling a few names from an excel spreadsheet just seems to tiny, compaired to streaming a live video, so it's frustrating that there is such a low 500 limit!

If I purchased the API credits and requested more, what does that cost and give me. I noticed there is a free trial!

Tonight this quiz is live and I dont want the scoring to fall over. Of course I could simply copy and paste the data into my local saved version to be safe - but it would be nice to make it all work automatically!

Also Im working on this all day setting things up, and I can't find a way to stop it accessing the documents using up quota when I'm not wanting it too (unless i put a very high number in the update data section). It's a shame you can't turn it off and have a manual refresh button when you need it!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 8:50:30 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 761 post(s)
Simplify the process ..as apparently being suggested to you in a fb group to be basic ranking in title displaying