logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whichswitch  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 3:09:55 AM(UTC)
whichswitch

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I basically have a couple of video boxes, and have shortcuts to change the live feeds that go into each box. Underneath the box is a small title with the location of that guest.

The locations are populated using a Google Sheets document as a datasource. This allows someone else to input and update titles and name straps at another location prior to the show.

I have been trying to set up presets for each box location title that links to different data sources row, so that when I switch the live box, the location follows to the correct one, but it seems that you cant save a different datasource to a preset in the title editor. Is there any cool script that someone might be able to come up with to enable me to do this? I can't see any function that will enable me to change the datasource in a title. Otherwise I'm just going to have to have about 20 different title variations and use script or a function to change the title on the box that way... which seems rather cumbersome.

Many thanks for your help!
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 9:18:17 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Not sure if I understand all that you want to do. You could probably just set up a separate title and data source for every video box.
whichswitch  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 11:58:51 AM(UTC)
whichswitch

United Kingdom

Sorry dmwkr, it’s hard to put into words what I’m trying to do. I’ll try and explain better.

We might have 8 contributors for a show for example. I have set up a google sheet for their names, titles and locations. Name straps work great.

2 box, 3 box, 4 box and 5 box multiviews set up, with a location title on each box.

Shortcuts set up to cut any one of the contributors into any box of the multiviews. That all works great.

What I need to happen is when I cut a contributor into a box, the location title changes as well. I can’t find a function I can put into a script for the location title to be pointed to a different row on the google sheet when the shortcut to cut the feed into the box is triggered.

I don’t want to have loads of separate data sources that all have to be updated, it needs to work off one data source and have the title pointed to another row in the google sheet when the shortcut is triggered.

Does that make a little more sense? Many thanks!! 😀
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 12:48:46 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: whichswitch Go to Quoted Post
I can’t find a function I can put into a script for the location title to be pointed to a different row on the google sheet when the shortcut to cut the feed into the box is triggered.

There is the function DataSourceSelectRow. Is that what you are looking for?

My guess is, that's not enough. 😉 The solution may be a script that reads the location title from the data source and puts it into a title that is *not* linked to the data source.
Vince Beck  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 1:57:00 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I have all my speaker names/title in one row. Column 1: Session Title, Column 2: Speaker 1 Name, Column 3: Speaker 1 Description, Column 4: Speaker 2 name, etc. and source data for each title that way.
I just use new rows for next sessions.

I create a title for each Input/caller sourced from each column. Then here comes the magic!

Create one more transparent input that is your actual overlay called "lower third". Use a trigger for each caller input: Ontransitionin SetMultiViewOverlay "lower third" with value: 1, "Lowerthird Input name". 1 being the multiview overlay you want to replace 1-10, and "Lowerthird Input name" being the Lower third you want to show for that particulat caller.

This will automatially set your current lower third to the input as you cut it.