logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whichswitch  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:30:48 AM(UTC)
whichswitch

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

So I'm trying to do something that I thought would be quite simple, but I can't seem to manage it and thought you guys might be able to help!

I need a small rectangle 'tag' at the top right of screen (that goes off the screen to the right) with a single or couple of words inside it. To the left of this I need another little rectangle with another word inside it. I can set this up fine, but the first rectangle will have text that needs to change depending on a guest location.

What I would like to be able to do is input the new location in the vMix interface title editor for the tag's input and automatically have this text expand the rectangle to the left, keeping the smaller rectangle to it's left locked to it... so the whole thing shifts to the left effectively without the text disappearing off the screen.

Any ideas on how to achieve this would be most welcome!

Many thanks!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:52:09 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: whichswitch Go to Quoted Post
the first rectangle will have text that needs to change depending on a guest location.

Please , there are many (video) tutorials explaining on how to change text in a title

Quote:

What I would like to be able to do is input the new location in the vMix interface title editor for the tag's input

Tag's input ?? if you mean the name of the input , check out scripting, there are examples of that also in this forum

Quote:

and automatically have this text expand the rectangle to the left, keeping the smaller rectangle to it's left locked to it... so the whole thing shifts to the left effectively without the text disappearing off the screen.

AFAIK so far there is still a binding problem as such not possible yet unless i misunderstand ( confused with your left and right usage)
A visual representation might be very helpfull

whichswitch  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:09:11 AM(UTC)
whichswitch

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply... you misunderstand.

I know exactly how to change text and use triggers and scripting etc. My problem is getting the small box graphic on the top right of screen to expand to the left when new location information is added manually or from a data source, whilst keeping the graphic to the left of the text box locked to it. So the whole thing expands out to the left rather than the longer text disappearing off the screen to the right. Effectively, longer text, whole thing moves to the left.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:44:06 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: whichswitch Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply... you misunderstand.

So the whole thing expands out to the left rather than the longer text disappearing off the screen to the right. Effectively, longer text, whole thing moves to the left.

Sorry, your intro made it appear to me...

While expanding a box is possible based on text, for now combined with another or to the left is currently not possible with GT titles