logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChaserHUN  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:43:40 PM(UTC)
ChaserHUN

Groups: Registered
Hungary

Hey all!
I would like to start making some guitar cover videos. Usually people do it that they record their video and audio in two different software and than sync them. I don't want to go through the trouble off all of that, and someone recommended vMix. So with vMix I can use a webcam and an external audio source at the same time right? I'm thinking of buying a logitech C920, I don't want any more expensive, or fancier. Also have a Line6 POD HD500X, wich will generate all of my guitar sounds, so no need for any VST plugins. Do vMix support these hardwares? Because I didn't saw them on the supported list. Also, can I put in multiple audio tracks? Meaning one track - the actual song I'm going to play along with, and the recorded sound? Does vMix have a click track? Or at least a count in to know when to start?
Thank you for you answers!
KnKproductions  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:53:47 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You can do all of that in vMix, try out the free trial!

Looks like the hd500x acts as a midi controller in addition to the signal processor, so you should be able to set up a foot button or two for hands-off control of vmix through some midi shortcuts and event triggers.

Don't think there is a click track but you could get creative and make one, meaning i may have thought of a way to do that but would want to test it out to be sure.
And there's always the forums here to help