logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cali_Chris  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:37:34 AM(UTC)
Cali_Chris

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello ALL!! I hope this finds you well with the current state of the world. I have a couple of quick questions on the output side functionality of VMix Pro. Thanks a bunch in advance for any input you all have for me!!

I am very interested after a week of diving into this software. We have placed Vmix Pro on some very power quad 4k output machines. with 128GB of ram, and 32Gb of Video Ram.

I'm interested in how many indiviually routable outputs we can do on single user VMix Pro license.

Right now, I coulnt 8. Here is how I see this, please correct me if I'm not understanding the user manual.

GFX card outputs.

1. FULL SCREEN (OUTPUT 1 of video card) These can be a mix of Multiview/PGM/PVW/ or sourcees
2. FULL SCREEN (OUTPUT 2 of video card) These can be a mix of Multiview/PGM/PVW/ or sourcees

1. Output - (Internally routable any multiviewer or source or preview or program ) These also are selectable by the MultiCorder.
2. Output - (Internally routable any multiviewer or source or preview or program ) ""
3. Output - (Internally routable any multiviewer or source or preview or program ) ""
4. Output - (Internally routable any multiviewer or source or preview or program ) ""

Record Outputs (MultiCorder)
These can be any live input into Vmix + the 4 Outputs listed above. (Can these be individual full screen NDI outputs, that are routable from any output / source within the software?). Knowing that Recording channels are relyant on the capabilities of the hardware.

This is where I get a little fuzzy.... Can I individually route to "External" outputs seperately from the OUTPUTS? Do I need to have an external

1. EXTERNAL - (Can these be individual full screen NDI outputs, that are routable from any output / source within the software?)
2. EXTERNAL - (Can these be individual full screen NDI outputs, that are routable from any output / source within the software?)

I Have NDI enabled for External, and see the NDI streams. If this is what is enabled, that is good. But not sure if these are the only options. Thanks anyone, for input telling me if I mostly have my head wrapped around the Nomenclature of Vmix.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 10:01:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Cali Chris

I think you've got it mostly right, although, some of your "list" needs to be clarified.
vMix 4K and vMix Pro support 4 Physical Outputs + 2 Virtual Outputs for a total of 6 "different" Outputs:
- Fullscreen 1 from the GPU which can be configured to be any screen in vMix
- Fullscreen 2 from the GPU which can be configured to be any screen in vMix
- External Output [1] from a supported I/O Capture card; is the Main Output for Streaming and Recording {can also be enabled for NDI and/or SRT}
- External Output [2] from a supported I/O Capture card; can be configured to be any screen in vMix {can also be enabled for NDI and/or SRT}
- Virtual Output [3] can be configured to be any screen in vMix {can also be enabled for NDI and/or SRT}
- Virtual Output [4] can be configured to be any screen in vMix {can also be enabled for NDI and/or SRT}

The MultiCorder is more about recording various Camera Inputs and configured Outputs from above with vMix.

I hope that gives some clarity.

Ice