logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HICLive  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 4:59:55 PM(UTC)
HICLive

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am new to vmix and the whole live stream/ production scene.

I have a vmix set up streaming live to youtube and it works great. However I will eventually be streaming to youtube as well as an audience live where the recording will be taking place.

If i take the audio and video output from vmix and play this in the hall TVs and speakers, there is a delay. This will be come very annoying if the audio/video is behind inside the hall.

What is the best way for me to be able to continue to use vmix with overlays and switching as well as having no delay live in the hall? Is there something i can do inside vMix or would i need to buy something else? I know how to do the audio, as i can take a feed directly from the mixer, but i am stuck on the video.

Currently using a black magic web present and an Intel NUC. In the hall will have a bunch of TVs and using a beringer x air for audio output.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i couldnt find much on it.
andreypetr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:55:37 PM(UTC)
andreypetr

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If you have a mixer, I advise you to send audio directly from Main OUT to the speakers. This will not produce any delay.

As for the video you can simply connect a long HDMI cable to your graphics card and hall TV. Use Fullscreen output in vMix. This won't add any delay either.

Another option would be to mirror vMIX output via NDI. This will require an additional PC receiver and will add a slight unnoticable delay. So I recommend HDMI cable route.
HICLive  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:33:11 PM(UTC)
HICLive

United Kingdom

Thank you for your response.

I can feed the output from the mixer however when displaying the video from vmix itself there is a sync delay with the person on stage and whats shown on the TV.

This then has a knock on effect where the person on stage and audio is synced however the video on the screen lags behind every by a second or two.

Its like the video is not being processed fast enough through vmix.