logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David Rueter  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 8:09:03 PM(UTC)
David Rueter

Groups: Registered
United States

When creating a large number of title inputs (or other type of inputs), sometimes lots of inputs need to have settings individually changed. For example, perhaps I am creating 3 or 4 dozen inputs, each of which is a title that should display an overlay upon click.

The VMix default is to have the new input display in Preview upon click. This means that for each of the 4 dozen inputs I need to click Settings, and change the on-click behavior (and uncheck the Automatically Mix Audio checkbox).

If the defaults for a new input would recall the settings from the most recent input that had the settings updated, that would help a lot.

Or, allow multi-select of a number of inputs, then change the settings for all selected inputs. (Only the settings with changed values would be applied to the selected settings). Or, have preferences to allow the default settings for new inputs to be provided.
David Rueter  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2023 7:27:13 PM(UTC)
David Rueter

United States

Bump. This is still a problem for me. A way to either automatically or explicitly control the default settings for new inputs...particularly for Titles...would save me several hours of work per month.

Any ideas?
Hypohamish  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2023 9:25:32 PM(UTC)
Hypohamish

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
For your mix audio, go and disable it in vMix's global settings (Audio > Automatically Mix Audio), that should stop it from being turned on on every input by default, then you can just add it to the ones that you do want.

Not sure about your click > overlay workflow, though.

Could you explain more about your workflow as to why you're adding 4 dozen title inputs? There may be a more efficient way to use your titles so you're not creating so many?
mavik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2023 4:11:36 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
The auto mix audio can also be toggled in the audio mixer. This is much quicker.