logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eli Singer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 12:37:53 PM(UTC)
Eli Singer

Groups: Registered
Man
Israel

Hi there,

I couldn't find any way of changing the order of the title presets at all, it only appears in the order which it was typed in which is very limiting.

In shows with lots o gusets it is crucial to have the titles under control and to sort them in order of appearance or alphabetical or simply manually change the order to suit the needs of the production.

I would highly recommend adding it as a feature as it seems to be really easy to add and implement and would add a much needed functionality.(draging in the preset section for example could work, could add a button to sort by name/description etc.)

Thanks!

Eli
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:29:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Why not use datasources ?

You can sort the list there on any column you like directly
Also less finicky to work with longer lists and keep it open to whole time for easier manual selection etc
Eli Singer  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:44:07 PM(UTC)
Eli Singer

Man
Israel

That is a very cumbersome way of doing something very simple. I believe it is rather easy to implement Drag & Drop sorting to the current Preset interface to make it quick and easy inside vMix instead of pulling it from an Excel sheet.
This is especially true for a live production environment where things can change quickly. A simple ordering of the preset will be a lot quicker and convenient than doing it with Excel.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 6:05:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

When i mentioned sorting the datasource i did not mean sorting in excel but in the datasource window itself .

On the other hand there is not always a need to change order as selecting a row from a datasource is pretty quick.

We use lists with hundreds of rows , selecting another one is quick , especially as we keep the datasource list in view

Also if one really want to work form the original source remember that any saved change there is immediately updated in the datasource list

Maybe try it ?
David Rueter  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:34:22 PM(UTC)
David Rueter

United States

Drag-and-drop currently works fine for changing the order of title inputs. Just click and drag an input title header and drop it on top of a different input tile. Doing so changes the input numbers.

Alternately, you can directly change the input number by going into the settings of the title.
Eli Singer  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 2:31:39 AM(UTC)
Eli Singer

Man
Israel

Originally Posted by: David Rueter Go to Quoted Post
Drag-and-drop currently works fine for changing the order of title inputs. Just click and drag an input title header and drop it on top of a different input tile. Doing so changes the input numbers.

Alternately, you can directly change the input number by going into the settings of the title.

I don't mean the inputs themselves, i mean that if i have a title input that contains 30 presets inside for the whole day, i need a way to sort the presets so it is managable.
Creating 30 different inputs for every title defeats the purpose of using presets and clogs the input section completely.
Eli Singer  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 2:43:40 AM(UTC)
Eli Singer

Man
Israel

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
When i mentioned sorting the datasource i did not mean sorting in excel but in the datasource window itself .

On the other hand there is not always a need to change order as selecting a row from a datasource is pretty quick.

We use lists with hundreds of rows , selecting another one is quick , especially as we keep the datasource list in view

Also if one really want to work form the original source remember that any saved change there is immediately updated in the datasource list

Maybe try it ?

That is a very cumbersome way of doing something very simple. I believe it is rather easy to implement Drag & Drop sorting to the current Preset interface to make it quick and easy inside vMix instead of pulling it from an Excel sheet.
This is especially true for a live production environment where things can change quickly. A simple ordering of the preset will be a lot quicker and convenient than doing it with Excel.

If editing is necessary you need to go to Excel to make the changes.
If i edit manually the title, but then later on i want to reorder the titles, it will load it from the Excel prior to the changes if I'll use the data sources panel.

In any case, i think the integration of Data Sources is a really smart thing but i do think that a minor tweak to the UI so you could rearrange the order of presets inside the titler in the preset window, or in the drop menu when right clicking the title input will be very helpful. At least for me...
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 2:59:15 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Eli Singer Go to Quoted Post
At least for me...

Yes