logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wcbuerste  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:22:17 PM(UTC)
wcbuerste

Groups: Registered
Germany

I need some help or ideas in using the virtual webcam. The output is very blurry in various collaboration tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meet) when I try to capture a screen. When I record the screen capture, the recording is completely fine. It´s just the output of the virtual webcam that is screwed up.
I did various tests during the same sessions by changing between the virtual webcam from vMix and the native screen sharing options in the meeting tools. The native screen sharing always was without any issues, so it´s not related to any online connection issues.

So, do you have any ideas to optimize the virtual webcam output?
Thanks a lot.
TalentStacker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2020 11:33:45 PM(UTC)
TalentStacker

United States

I am experiencing the same issue- video External output appears fine. but when I share my screen (text browser etc) - it is blurry beyond use on apps like teams zoom and skype. but it records fine and if I use the app screen share feature that works as well. but I would love to know what settings to tweak to fix vmix... it it smoothing or blurring effect, maybe a frame rate issue etc
mavik  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 4:09:00 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Some collaboration tools work with reduced resolutions. This can result in a blury image. One thing you could try is to use VLC or other software to "preview" the output. If that is ok you know that vmix is sending a good sharp image out and it's the collaboration part that makes the quality reduction. Another option is to enable NDI for the output and ingest the NDI output from vMix with the NDI tools into the collaboration tools.