logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ragtec  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 4:10:30 AM(UTC)
Ragtec

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to Vmix - Love it and we're buying the full HD version shortly! Spent over 100 hours on tutorials and testing and am now running live streams with multiple sources (up to 21 this morning including 3 vmixcalls) direct to youtube.

My usage is running our church virtually from individuals homes (vicar, curate, leader, live music praise, prayers, etc).

The issue I have is Audio on one of the calls. on the praise call, I have piano/organ, sometimes guitar, 2-4 vocal mics which are mixing into the remote computer. But the audio quality is very poor. It sounds more like a low bit rate. I've read that the bit rate of vmix call is fixed at 64kbps with the opus codec.

Is there any way I can overcome this to bring in a higher quality in the stream?

Many thanks
andy
coskel22  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:29:09 AM(UTC)
coskel22

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can right click on each "call" and manually set their stream rate incoming to your mix.
It will show you audio and video separately.
I can tell you that what worked the best for us was to have the video callers use a conference call line for their audio over a phone, and not the camera audio.
ayo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:51:50 PM(UTC)
ayo

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
The problem is with audio processing being done by browser, they are doing noise reduction and echo cancelling over the music, something that ruins high and low frequencies...

We are talking about it here https://forums.vmix.com/...-via-vMix-Call#post74218