logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Egriswold  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:25:01 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
As it stands if a module is clicked on (center area of preview) the modules content will be sent to preview. I'd like to see and option that can be set much like the trigger feature where there is a "On Click" behavior. Giving options like cut to output or overlay on channel 1.
Instead having to click the small buttons located on each module. This could be a left mouse button or right mouse button click behavior.
Thremir  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:00:18 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hi!

While the right-click overlay feature isn't quite there yet, I'd like to remind you that there already is a "Left-click to cut" option in vMix!

UserPostedImage

You'll find this in the Settings -> Options menu

Greetings,
Håvard
Egriswold  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:29:49 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Yes Havard I'm very well aware of that one :-)
That's fine for some work flows. But since the modules are previews already I'd like to be able to click on a module and have it preform an assigned behavior.
I'm also very aware of creating keyboard shortcuts and have used them many times if not every time.
IMO it would be nice to be able to have this function especially when using a touch screen. Trying to hit those little buttons on a touch screen can be very tricky.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 4:53:03 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:31:31 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
+1 but still needs to be thought out properly...
I somehow feel that touch screen will be the way of the future, but how to find a workflow that is simple and works well for everyone is the challenge.
Perhaps adding more pre-configurable options for each input (expanding on Håvard's illustration) to include different behaviors for that same "click" or in this case "touch", is the way to go.
My biggest fear with touch screens, if you've ever used a tablet or smart phone, is unintended touches or over-sensitive screens, so my thinking is there would have to be a lot of "pre-configuring" to allocate behaviors and disable the smaller buttons to prevent accidental "touches". Wouldn't want to close an input because my thumb brushed up against the button.
Perhaps an option to enlarge required buttons and disable others will also work. Just some thoughts
admin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:53:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
So it looks like this will be in vMix 13.

You will be able to change the Click action from Preview as it is now to one of the following:
Cut
QuickPlay
Overlay1,2,3,4
Nothing (for inputs you don't want to accidentally click on)

Am I missing anything?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 6/5/2014(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:52:21 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Thanks Martin, looks really promising.

Does that mean that one can define the left-click action (one of those you list) for each input?

Then I suggest that "Preview" is one of the options (and is default for backwards compatibility).
Maybe it would be useful to also be able to choose from Transition 1, Transition 2, etc.

In addition, some kind of of visual representation of what the currently selected left-click action is,
perhaps displaying it where the "Cut" buttom now is (in the bottom part of the Input window).

Maybe it is worth considering the idea of letting left-click in the inputs Name part (top) be Preview. This way one can easily get it into preview too, no matter what the image left-click is set to.

I am a fan of touch, but hesitant for general live mixing when sitting down. Must try more before I really decide. But my experience so far is that a mouse is more ergonomical and smooth to operate. But touch is the way to go for one man operations, where one is standing behind the camera and have a touch screen up at the camera. Both for vMix full screen operations and using the Web interface, eg on a smartphone).

That's my 5 öre (Swedish cents ;)
admin  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:29:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
It will be independently configurable for each input.
So titles can be set to Overlay while videos can be set to quickplay and cameras cut and everything in between.

Preview will be the default for all inputs and I will add the Transition1-4 options as well.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 6/5/2014(UTC)
Brian Hazelden  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:22:27 AM(UTC)
Brian Hazelden

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1

This sounds amazing – well done guys!

I'd like to be able to click and send an input to either the Preview or Output monitor having previously chosen a recording/display option for those monitors (eg. Main Recorder, External 1, External 2, MultiCorder 1 - 4)
Bardos59  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:37:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi, now Martin, you understand what I was talking about in an earlier post.....That is why I mentioned about a Transition pallet, where the user can use any transition that is available. When I click on Quick View, I can only get a dissolve, but if there is a choice of transitions, The user can choose any that is offered......and the renaming of Quick View to Transition....That can be added to Multiview, and even be implemented into touch screen for Multiview as well......Just my view....
richardgatarski  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:50:26 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

The newly released v13 supports click behavior settings for each input. Very handy thanks!

But, and sorry for repeating this, I am really needing the possibility to still be able to preview inputs that have been set to other behaviours. Is there nobody else who would like "Cut" to change to "Prvw" (short for "Preview") as a solution?