logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
m_elias  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:14:42 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Groups: Registered
Canada

I've streamed four church services now with vMix. With each stream I've been learning more about vMix's settings/capabilities & our/vMix's hardware requirements. At this point, I'm running vMix on a Xeon E5-1650 v3 3.5ghz 6 core, 72GB RAM, SATA SSD and only a 9800GT for dual display output (already on hand). We now have two cameras (HG20 and HF R800) feeding into an August VGB500 and Elgato HD60 S. This last service I moved away from a 2nd HD60 S for EasyWorship and instead we are using EasyWorship's NDI output. I am recording to a 20Mbps MP4 and a WAV file while streaming 6Mbps to Facebook and YouTube.

I disabled hyperthreading before this last service to see how the reported cpu usage would change. We went from about 30% total usage to 70-80% with HT disabled. What does that mean? Am I fine with HT on and continue using the current GPU or is the CPU usage being falsely reported and I should leave HT disabled and try my personal GTX 1060? The latency also went from 5-10ms to 10-16ms.

Regarding our HDMI to USB inputs, I found a vMix article stating that the HD60 S is supported but I no longer see it on the list of supported input devices. The August VGB500 is also not on the list but it seems to drop less frames then the HD60 S. This Dell Precision T5810 has 3 USB3 (SS) inputs. It sounds like it's not recommended to use more than 1 or 2 HDMI to USB input devices at a time but would it help to add an additional USB3 input card and run the cameras into separate USB chips? I'm open to the idea of buying other better input cards but I'm trying to keep costs down. That being said, I'm not happy with the video quality of our cameras but I don't know what we should get and what the alternate cameras' input requirements would be. How can I find if it's the USB interface dropping frames or lack of a decent GPU?

Regarding our SSD, I see some run two SSDs but the only major usage I see (according to Windows resource monitor) is the recording files. Currently I don't need to add any delays to any inputs to keep things synchronized but if I add video delays/buffers, does that use space on the SSD or just RAM?

I've been reading about NDI cameras streams using iPhones and Android devices. I see that there's no longer an official Newtek Android NDI Cam app but some are using an IP Webcam app instead. How much bandwidth does this need? I see the EasyWorship 1080p30 NDI stream uses about 80Mbps. Currently our video input to fallback display output delay is very low with our current HDMI to USB so our people on stage can see what's being streamed with very little delay. How much delay could I expect with a mobile device NDI or RTSP stream?

The attached file is from a 45 minute stream.
m_elias  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:50:13 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

200410 service diag.JPG (44kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
m_elias  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:40:13 AM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

Since my first post I have installed a GTX 1060 6gb mini. Now with HT off, the rendering time is 3-4ms and total CPU usage is at ~30%. There are a lot less dropped source frames. My HD60 S frequently cuts out and needs to be unplugged, plugged back in and its vMix input reset after 45+ mins of being plugged into the computer but the VGB500 always works. I have two AVerMedia Live Gamer ULTRA GC553 input devices on order to compare, they only cost a little more than the HD60 S. Can anyone recommend a good USB 3.1 gen2 pci-ex input card?
raugert  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:57:00 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Have you considered using an HDMI PCI-e card like https://www.bhphotovideo..._quad_hdmi_recorder.html instead of all the USB input devices. This would give you 4 HDMI inputs directly on the PCI-e bus. It might have less strain on the system. Just a thought...
m_elias  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:52:15 PM(UTC)
m_elias

Canada

I have but I don't know where to start with all the options. The one I had looked at was about $1300 CDN for 4 ch 1080 but this one you suggested at $800 CDN looks interesting. Thanks for suggesting it.