logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
puruzio  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 6:23:14 AM(UTC)
puruzio

Groups: Registered

Hi, I'm trying to display a Zoom caller to vMix by following the tutorial below. Video works perfectly, but I'm having trouble getting the audio to work.

I was able to send the microphone input from the Main PC to Zoom on the Zoom PC using NDI and VB Audio cable, and turned off the headphone volume on vMix (on Zoom PC) to 0 as instructed. Now Zoom gets the audio input from the Main PC, but the problem is vMix Desktop capture picks up this audio and sends it back to the Main PC (along with all other participants' voice as well as whatever else is being played on the Zoom PC.)
Apparently this is a problem as I end up hearing the same microphone input twice in quick succession. 

How can I make the Zoom PC send everything but the audio input from the Main PC?

Thank you in advance!!!

https://www.vmix.com/kno...eo-and-audio  
puruzio  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:54:56 PM(UTC)
puruzio

Groups: Registered

I think I found the issue. It was due to the fact that CABLE Input was selected as the playback device, instead of Speakers.
This may be worth adding to vMix documentation to help other users who may run into the same situation, because the default device automatically changed to CABLE Input during the installation of VB Audio Cable driver which the users may not have realized.

The other important thing I noticed is that vMix Desktop Capture seems to remember the default device when the Desktop Capture program started, and keeps that setting even if the user changes the playback device to something else (like Speakers). This behavior would make it hard to troubleshoot issues like mine, as users may try changing playback devices without realizing Desktop Capture also needs to be restarted to reflect the playback device change.