logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbgaus  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 12:48:28 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hello,

Is it possible to select within vMix the GPU that will be used for the render engine? I have enabled integrated graphics side-by-side with a dedicated nVidia GPU, and I was thinking it would be optimal to use the dedicated GPU for the rendering engine, and the onboard CPU's GPU to output the MultiView.

If I start up vMix when the system only has the dedicated GPU connected with a display, it starts the rendering engine with the dedicated GPU and keeps this setting throughout, at this point I can plug in a display into the port driven by the onboard GPU and show the MultiView on it. If I close vMix and re-open it, vMix selects the onboard GPU for its rendering engine by default and the render time jumps and the rendering engine drops frames.

If it was possible to just tell vMix which GPU to use, instead of it selecting the default, it wouldn't be necessary to plug in the secondary display showing the MultiView after initially loading vMix.

Thanks!
---landon

Ernest Król  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 2:56:33 AM(UTC)
Ernest Król

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can select Fullscreen monitor number to choose which gpu is used as render engine but it is impossible to use one GPU to process video and another GPU to output fullscreen multiview - this can be done only on one GPU (by connecting 2 monitors to graphics card)