logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ticker  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 1:28:05 PM(UTC)
ticker

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Hey all, trying to find a way to use a studio camera, going through a capture card for vMix, to output that as the camera for vMix call.

Essentially we want to go live from our news studio to provide a news hit to a production in another city using vMix. We want our anchor to sit in our news studio, and for that camera to go through OUR system to go live into the other system. I tried this via vMix call on Chrome, but can't seem to get the settings right. Just outputs colour bars.

Is there anyway to connect two vMix computers operating in different cities for live sound and audio?

Essentially - We are a news channel. A company is producing their own daily show using vMix in another city. We want the output of their mixed show to come in to us via an input in our vMix so we can rebroadcast it live.

We then want to be able to do a news hit to them from our studio during that show.

Simple to us, though I know it sounds complicated.

Only thing I can think of is to have the anchor chat to a mobile phone using vMixcall to get to them (but then no prompter), and then they stream their mixed output to youtube live, we take that feed and rebroadcast it. Not ideal but it would work.
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 3:59:30 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Vmix is made for exactly these things. If you need the signals as SDI, buy a BLackmagic Decklink Duo2 card, if you need the signals as HDMI, buy a Blackmagic Mini Mixer. Then watch all the VMix learning videos. (VMix Input and Output tutorial etc.)
With vMixcall(Option Connect to call) you can connect the 2 Vmix computers so that each side can see the signal of the other.
Another Option is to use SRT to send and receive the Signals to your remote vmix machine.
Maybe your colleagues from the other studio can help you, since they already use vMix.
MartinHH  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:40:22 PM(UTC)
MartinHH

Germany

The best way to do it in my opinion is using SRT for the Output of the the system that should be connected. And then use SRT Input on the other machine.
It takes a bit of effort to setup, but the tutorials are here.

Another option is using NDI virtual Input, wich comes with newt NDI tools. With that you can choose the output of your vmix as the camera in your vmixcall, either on the same computer or any other computer in your production network.
For me that only worked Firefox, but it's an easy way to have your vmix out or actually any other NDI source as an input in vmixcall.
The better quality connection you will get with SRT