logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Worshipgal  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:26:31 PM(UTC)
Worshipgal

Groups: Registered
United States

I am trying to connect a laptop computer running Media Shout for the Lyrics and backgrounds to run as an input on a desk top running vMix 23. I only can see Medis Shout's main program screen not the 2nd/extended or stage monitor screens.

We are a small mobile church and use a high school and their wifi or our cell phone hot spots.

Omg! I am having this same problem now 4 years later with new computers! I can't remember what I did to resolve this problem! Double Duh!!
ericshanley  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:59:42 AM(UTC)
ericshanley

United States

I am wondering the same.... hopefully someone chimes in!
MDunigan  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:41:34 PM(UTC)
MDunigan

United States

I use the vMix Desktop Capture utility on my MediaShout computer. The MediaShout computer has three displays; First, the control screen; second, the main display (front of house for the congregation); third, stage monitor. vMix runs on a second computer. When I create the input in vMix for the MediaShout computer, I choose NDI, point to the computer running MediaShout, and then I pick the display to use for the vMix input. At that point, I choose the front of house display.

Let me know if you need any additional info. Have a great day.
FBC1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 7:14:58 AM(UTC)
FBC1

United States

I can’t seem to get anything but the full screen of MediaShout in Vmix as an input. What am I doing wrong? Then, it appears as a screenshot and doesn’t index as MediaShout is advanced. Guess I don’t know how to isolate just the stage display to get the titles or lower thirds.
MDunigan  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 6:45:43 AM(UTC)
MDunigan

United States

Sorry to take some time to respond. I had to look at my machines at church. Are you running the most current version of the Desktop Capture utility? When I try to create new input in vMix, I go to the NDI section and I have multiple options from the computer that is running the Desktop Capture utility. The computer running the Desktop Capture has three monitors and all three are available individually as NDI inputs. Also, the Desktop Capture utility seems to make some windows on the computer available as separate sources.