logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbgaus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2014 3:41:15 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I really apologize, I feel like I'm beginning to pile on stuff. Maybe I have had bad luck, or I have some sort of knack for finding software bugs. :(

This may or may not be related to the other thread I started in here with the OverflowException after a few days of DeckLink Playback/Render, for now my instinct says it may not be, but I don't want to say too much since I don't have much insight into the under-the-hood workings of vMix.

I noticed this week that after about 2 days or so, the looping playback of an H.264 MP4 file, as well as another MPEG-2 TS recorded with vMix begins to stutter (playback speed appears to drop to about 50%, and audio levels rapidly cycle in and out several times per second. Closing vMix and reopening the same project fixes the problem. The problem appears unrelated to if the external output is turned on or off, as toggling it has no effect on the stuttery playback. Overlays fade in and out normally, the statistics window shows no dropped frames or other issues as well. The FPS and Render Time do not change from normal.

Basically, the core vMix switching engine appears to be working fine the whole time. Whatever framework exists to playback recorded files as inputs in vMix appears to be hitting a problem after a while.

I have tried uninstalling the AC3filter decoder I installed to play out TS files with audio (falling back on the Haali splitter I think) but I saw the problem recur today. Next time I see it happen, I am going to check if the DeckLink capture cards are capturing live signals properly, I will try other input types as well in an effort to further characterize the problem.

Sorry again to let you know about this, but hopefully it helps.

Thanks!
---landon
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:08:45 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Hi,

This issue is usually caused by a problem with the sound card in the computer.
For whatever reason after a few days the faulty sound card's clock reduces to 50%, causing video playback to slow down.
You can see this by opening a video in Windows Media Player while it is happening in vMix, it will play back slowly there too.

To resolve this try setting a different audio playback device in the windows control panel.
Instead of Samsung-C try Realtek Digital Output for a few days.

Regards,

Martin
vMix