logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rnhturner  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:11:56 AM(UTC)
rnhturner

Groups: Registered

In another popular program that I won't name here, they have the ability to insert ads into thier own CDN. I know vMix is not a CDN, but my understanding is a Wowza streaming engine has this capability. I would love for vMix to help make all this work.

Workflow for a Baseball Game:

1. First inning broadcaster is talking
2. Middle of the inning there is a game break. Insert an adserver ads could be 2-5 minutes worth of ads.
3. Return from break and the ad is stopped.
4. Ad Server company pays me a small commission.

There would need to be trigger of some sort on vMix side to get in and out of the commercial. The other program allows you to set commercial time frames like 15 second, 30 seconds, 1 minute. If you did 15 seconds it would continually serve 15 second ads until you returned from the break.

Obvioulsy users of vMix would have to have a CDN setup to accomadate for this as you don't want to send these to youtube or facebook.
Radiotvpat1982  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:49:34 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I know I have used Blueframe and Production Truck and done this.

Not sure if that is your reference but if so, its easy for them because they run booth the software and the CDN.

Not sure how VMIX would pull that off unless they were tied directly to a CDN with some sort of partnership (like Wowza for example).

Otherwise a work around would be to send that feed to another machine running that program and do it like that. Simple if both products support NDI.