logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjmurdock  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 11:50:02 PM(UTC)
rjmurdock

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would like to request a Blur capability that can be applied to any image or video input. This feature would allow more creative control for virtual backgrounds as well as for graphical titles and slates....... not to mention "whistle blower" vMix calls... : )

Perhaps is could be another option in an inputs setting options.... maybe in the Color Adjust option or stand alone.
greggibson  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:47:37 AM(UTC)
greggibson

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I believe this was discussed in the February live show on YouTube. Tim said that blur is very resource intensive and would require significant computing power.
Michał  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
Michał

Man
Poland

Originally Posted by: greggibson Go to Quoted Post
I believe this was discussed in the February live show on YouTube. Tim said that blur is very resource intensive and would require significant computing power.

OBS software have this blur effect as plugin. Nvidia have support for this. CPU or GPU max 7% power
avsoundguy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:27:04 PM(UTC)
avsoundguy

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I have tried UVMaps to do this and it drove the CPU usage through the roof, so that's definitely not the best route for implementation
avsoundguy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:42:17 PM(UTC)
avsoundguy

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Quote:
OBS software have this blur effect as plugin. Nvidia have support for this. CPU or GPU max 7% power

Can you provide some links or details on this? I googled and found very little info, very interested in what you have found, Thanks

Michał  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:19:35 PM(UTC)
Michał

Man
Poland

Originally Posted by: avsoundguy Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Can you provide some links or details on this? I googled and found very little info, very interested in what you have found, Thanks

Nvidia obs codec

StreamFX 0.8.0 Beta 1

Apr 8, 2020

We're inching closer and closer to the full release of 0.8.0, and let's celebrate that with the first production ready beta release! This release fixes some major issues that were introduced in a refactor, further improves Linux support, and updated the translation files from Crowdin again. And that's not all, though the next part is not my own doing:

The Nvidia Face Tracking filter is finally available thanks to Nvidia releasing the AR SDK publicly. This means that you can now have a "smart camera" always follow your face, keeping the action in the frame, allowing you to engage with your viewers without having to manually crop and zoom the camera source. A more in-depth view on it is available on my blog.

That is pretty much it for this release. Lots of things were fixed or added over the past Alpha releases, and now we're slowly but surely moving towards a full release again. And best of all, we've finally hit stable again.

Support the StreamFX project!
If you rely on StreamFX for your streaming and recording needs and want StreamFX to continue existing, consider supporting me on Patreon or on Github Sponsors! Even a support as low as one dollar per month means a lot and helps keep the project afloat, and if every single user of the plugin was supporting me with just one dollar per month I could spend a lot more time working on the project than I do now. So what are you waiting for?

Help & Support
Before installing this plugin, please make sure to read the Installation Guide which includes the necessary prerequisites for succesfully getting StreamFX to run. If it still does not work, consider joining the official Discord.

Changelog
0.8.0b1

Updated translations from Crowdin, huge thanks to everyone submitting translations!
Fixed FFmpeg Encoders not respecting user selected color formats and instead always using YUV 4:2:0.
Fixed FFmpeg ProRes not correctly overriding color formats with the ones supported by the selected profile.
Fixed a lot of code issues by actually jumping ship to modern C++.
Removed the lib prefix from the StreamFX.so files on Linux. Make sure you delete the old version of the plugin first if you're using Linux!

0.8.0a4

Updated support for libOBS v25.0.3 and newer.
Added support for Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.10, take a look at the platform parity wiki page to see what is missing.
Fixed potential memory corruption caused by FFmpeg Encoders.
Fixed a regression introduced in 0.7.2 which causes 3D Transforms to suddenly invert. (#116)
Added Custom Shader Filters, Sources and Transitions - and also added extra examples for them.
Added Nvidia Face Tracking filter which will be available at a later point in time.
Updated translations from Crowdin, many thanks to all the volunteer translators!

0.8.0a3

Updated support for libOBS v25.0.1 and newer.
Fixed 3D Transform causing discoloration in transparent sources. (#104)
Fixed audio jitters caused by audio mirroring in Source Mirror happening out of order. (#111)
Fixed a common freeze new to libOBS v25 caused by Source Mirror.
Fixed audio mirroring only working every second configuration update in Source Mirror.

0.8.0a2

Added FFmpeg Encoders which expose various encoders available in FFmpeg to you with a neat, easy to use UI (if you can read tooltips). You will find them available under either Streaming or Recording, depending on the codec you want to encode. This integration is slightly different from the one in obs-ffmpeg-encoder, so the two plugins will clash and you should remove obs-ffmpeg-encoder ahead of time using its uninstaller entry.
Improved Custom Shaders further, however these are still very experimental. Expect these to crash, corrupt or otherwise eat your setup in unexpected ways, and also expect these to change wildly.
Improved Audio Mirroring in Source Mirror by relying on a global thread pool instead of a thread per source, drastically reducing the total CPU load in massive setups.
Removed scaling from Source Mirror which was mostly broken anyway, so please use any of the available filters instead.
Fixed a possible crash in multi-core systems caused by event callbacks.
Fixed various crashes and corruptions caused by Source Mirror, Dynamic Mask and Blur.

0.8.0a1

Important: The plugin was renamed to StreamFX, users that manually installed this plugin (or manually built it) must ensure that the old obs-stream-effects files are removed before installing the new version.
Deprecated 32-Bit versions of the plugin. You don't have an excuse to be on 32-bit anymore, hardware has gotten dirt cheap thanks to AMD Ryzen. You can get a barebone modern PC for around 260 €, or upgrade your existing one for around 140 €.
Added additional options for Tint control to Color Grade, allowing fine tuning of what is Shadow, Midtone and Highlight.
Added GPU debug markers to most of the code which allow GPU debuggers like NVIDIA Nsight to show the exact time taken for each effect step.
Added a new example shader: Plasma. This effect simulates old school plasma effects and showcases some of the features of Custom Shaders.
Added a temporary workaround for a bug in OBS Studio to ensure that StreamFX does not crash or corrupt OBS Studio's memory. A fix to OBS Studio has already been submitted and is waiting on Review.
Updated translations from Crowdin: de-DE, es-Es, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, ru-RU, sv-SE, zh-CN. Much thanks to all the contributors on Crowdin!
Improved Custom Shader Sources by adding support for automated file reloading, dynamic parameter updates, and various UI improvements.
Improved stability drastically by gracefully handling all unexpected exceptions and refactoring a lot of code.
Improved performance drastically by no longer always caching sources and ensuring that some code hotspots don't duplicate heap data on call.
Moved all examples from data/ to data/examples/.
Fixed a few crashes caused by the Graphics Subsystem Wrapper (GSW).
Fixed a freeze with Source Mirror when retrieving the size of a mirrored Source.
Fixed rescaling size in Source Mirror when "Use Original Size for Transform" is active.
Fixed filters messing with source sizes when they shouldn't be.
Fixed a freeze caused by Directional Gaussian Blur (#83, #85).
Removed Custom Shader Filters temporarily, they will return later.
Removed AppVeyor Continuous Integration in favor of GitHub Actions. You can now download bleeding edge builds from here by clicking on the commit, then clicking on Artifacts, and then selecting either windows-2016 (Windows 7) or windows-2019 (Windows 10 or up to date Windows 7).

StreamFX (for OBS Studio) 0.8.0b1

Overall

Added new translations from CrowdIn. Huge thank you to all the contributors, you can take part in translating the project too if you have some spare time.
Reduced general plugin overhead by reducing the amount of events being listened to.
(Update 2) Updated translations from Crowdin.
(Update 3) Fixed source tracking not updating when sources are renamed.
(Update 3) Fixed log spam when a source can no longer be found.

Blur Filter

Completely redesigned the UI to allow new options without having to hardcode them.
Added Dual Filtering blur which is an approximation of Gaussian blur that uses around 98% less GPU resources and thus is capable of larger blur sizes.
Added Rotational blur, which can be used to simulate rolling a camera in place.
Added Zoom blur, which can be used to simulate moving a camera forward or backward.
Added an empty entry to the masking sources list.
Increased the maximum blur size for most Blur types to 127 from 25.

Displacement Filter

(Update 2) Fixed a crash when a zero-length filename was given.
(Update 2) Fixed a crash when the selected file could not be found.

Source Mirror Source

Added support for mirroring scenes as well as sources. This is a backwards compatible change and does not require the new libOBS v23.x API.
Fixed a freeze that happened with audio mirroring and opening the filters dialog for the Source Mirror source.
Fixed a freeze that happened with audio mirroring and opening the filters dialog for the mirrored source.
Fixed a bug that caused sources with no size or no video to still attempt to render.
Fixed audio stuttering and skipping with audio mirroring, which was caused by naively assuming that there is enough CPU time to do both capture and mirror in the same millisecond.
(Update 1) Fixed Source Mirror rendering offscreen since v0.6.0.
(Update 1) Fixed an at-exit crash due to the new audio mirroring code introduced in v0.6.0.

Transform Filter

(Update 2) Position, Rotation, Scale and Shear properties now have a proper description.

Michał  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 9:29:26 PM(UTC)
Michał

Man
Poland

Vmix
OBS:
an.henkel  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:12:31 AM(UTC)
an.henkel

Germany

Just registered to say this:

+1

would be a super nice feature for simple & clean intros.
1)Blur the video
2)add a title animation
3)remove blur
doggy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:28:09 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Won't happen as has been pointed out by the developers a few times in this forum and above in this thread
sinc747  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
+1
#11 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 9:54:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
gre2gor  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 4:33:44 PM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
+1
Blakesheaven  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:03:34 AM(UTC)
Blakesheaven

Man
United Kingdom

Hey guys, just thought I'd post back here in case it helps; with v24 you can now alter the focus of some cameras and therefore can blur the picture, eg PTZ Optics.

I'd previously created a Title input with a semi-transparent rectangle filling the whole page to achieve something like blurring before v24 and moved on from there.

In vMix v24, I created a blank Title and added a bunch of triggers to it to do the work of blurring the camera on an Overlay In/Out.
  1. In - Set Focus to Manual
  2. In - Change Focus Near/Far as seems appropriate (NB there are two speeds 0 = slow & 1 = fast)
  3. In - I also have triggers to start playing music
  4. Out - Set focus to automatic
  5. Out - I also have triggers to fade/stop the playing music.

Notes:
Although this works the camera focus just keeps going and going and gets far too blurred for what I wanted; to hide people's identity during communion during a church service, but still see them moving around.

I think the Focus Near/Far should have had an extra configuration option of seconds or ms to stop the focus action, but sadly this has been overlooked during development.

I tried adding a focus stop trigger action with a delay, but this breaks the focusing altogether, ie nothing happens. The delay does not function as expected for this action in vMix.

So, with the trigger in place and slowing blurring the camera, I also added a shortcut to do a Focus Stop action that I can hit manually once the desired focus blurring is reached.

For a slicker solution, install the Bitfocus Companion (designed to work with the Elgato StreamDeck) and add multiple steps to a button to do all followed by the stop focus, after 3000ms delay. The delay in Companion does not interfere with the earlier actions so it is OK here and works well.

Important: If you move the blurred camera to a new position, it seems to switch back into auto Focus so be aware. I'm experimenting with PTZ Optics FocusLock within Companion, but no joy yet.