logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GraceMaryville  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 8:31:16 PM(UTC)
GraceMaryville

Groups: Registered

Hello! We are a small church who had cobbled together a basic SD Livestream setup as follows:
PC (i7 3.4 Ghz, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 1050) running Easyworship presentation software, two SD SONY PTZ cameras, one static shot HD capable camcorder all being fed via RCA plug/VGA into an Edirol V4 mixer and out to our Livestream PC (i7 4 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, currently Intel onboard video, but upgrading)) into an Osprey 100 SD capture card via RCA plug. Audio is sent from a house Aux mix to a Behinger USB audio device and then into Vmix HD on our Livestream PC. The only thing we show on the projectors is the Easyworship out, which can include videos, Powerpoints and the like along with our songs. We have never used the cameras on the projectors. The projectors are currently fed by an output on the Edirol through a Kramer vp437xl Switcher/Scaler currently through a PC output. The switcher does have HDMI in and out as well, but the HDMI in is being used for an HDMI input at the podium if we have a speaker that has a powerpoint they want to show and control from there. That HDMI goes to an HDMI switch in the media room via HDMI over CAT 5. We use the switch to go from the EW feed to the HDMI at the stage if it is needed.

We are wanting to upgrade the stream to HD, but the problem is budget. I have obtained two Sony EVI-HD1 PTZs to replace the SD ones, and I only have about $700 left to spend, and $200 of that is already spent on a stand-alone GPU (MSI GTX 1660)for the Vmix computer. We used the onboard Intel video for SD. I was planning to buy a Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 SDI capture card, for $500, to round out my budget, which can handle the three cameras, and even the EW computer if I get an HDMI to SDI converter, but the problem is how to get the signal to the projectors? I could use the Fullscreen out, and I guess only have the EW PC input as the output for that, but then does that not limit me to one monitor for the Livestream PC? I would have no out on the BM Duo2 if I do this using all 4 ports for inputs.

The other question is audio. Currently, the input from the house goes to the Livestream PC via the USB sound device, but the output TO the house only comes from the Easyworship PC. As long as the video feed to the projectors is routed through the EW computer, it isn't a problem, but if I send a feed from the EW PC to the Livestream PC, how do I handle the audio? If I send it to the capture card via HDMI, I guess that is possible? The other thought is to get an older used Blackmagic HDMI single channel capture card as well....it would bust the budget, but I could sell the Edirol mixer, and two 3-screen LCD rack-mount monitors we now use. They wouldn't be worth much, but it would help.

This is driving me CRAZY, and I hope you can help! I am trying to get the best experience for our congregation during this difficult time with Covid 19 while everyone is watching from home and do so while not causing a financial burden to the church. Thanks for your help. I know that is a lot of info, and I would be happy to clarify if I need to.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 10:05:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ GraceMaryville

Is using Desktop Capture/NDI not a possibility for capturing the EasyWorship computer?

Ice
GraceMaryville  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:20:12 AM(UTC)
GraceMaryville

I suppose so. We actually haven't scratched the surface of all that vMix can do. I will research that. It would be an HD input over Desktop capture?
GraceMaryville  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:26:42 AM(UTC)
GraceMaryville

So....the vMix instructional video is straight forward, and it looks like this is a GREAT solution to our problem, but I have a question. The video just shows capturing the desktop, but our presentation is on the extended desktop. Is there a way to capture that via NDI as well, just the extended portion?