logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Slaver  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:52:47 AM(UTC)
Slaver

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Folks,

hopefully not asking a question i get punished for.

Since corona i am working a lot with vMix Call.

I have somebody, doing fitness streams every day. He has a 120 Mbit Download and 20 Mbit Upload Connection. I am doing the director from my office which has a 200 Mbit Download and 200 Mbit Upload Internet connection. When he get into vMix Call i just get 200-400 kbps from him. When i do Speedtest on my end and on his end, we have nearly 100% of our internet connection speed.

Thanks!
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:04:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
There is likely a firewall or 3rd party antivirus restricting the call.
To help us investigate please do the following:

1. Update vMix to the latest version.
2. Connect the call
3. Go to Settings -> About and click Send Support Report
4. Drop us an email and let us know the key being used.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
reginaldo.c  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 3:35:22 AM(UTC)
reginaldo.c

Brazil

Hello, dear! I'm having instability problems with vmix call. We already checked our networks and they are ok. this Situation started yesterday afternoon, when stability returned around 11 pm Brazil time. Today again this instability occurred again at 13:30. Normalizing 20 minutes later.

You can give us a direction of what is happening, because we use it frequently, we have about 16 HD licenses with this feature.

I also sent the incident by email

Awaiting return.

best regards
EDPTech  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 4:00:07 AM(UTC)
EDPTech

United Kingdom

Hi
I am in a trial version of vMix (7 days in) and have just had our first issue with vMix call.
I testing at multiple points during today, all has been well with different connections/calls all working flawlesly. At 1700 GMT, we tried a call, and all 3 users had connection issues and kept freezing.
Like the user above, this seemed to correct itself about 20 minutes later.

Do you know what would cause this, as it make me nervous commiting to a paid for licence if you can't rely on the call quality?
ask  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 7:27:44 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This indicates issues with capacity on the pipe between you and your caller/s. With the increased traffic on the internet atm there are issues such as this with all conferencing systems using the public internet (Skype, WebRTC, Zoom etc.) It is not a vMix or vMixCall issue. You might have a good connection according to your speedtest which will only test your speed between your PC ad the nearest test server, but there can be congestion anywhere after that.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
reginaldo.c on 4/4/2020(UTC)
EventorTV  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:27:06 AM(UTC)
EventorTV

All hi. I provide speakers with remote access via a web controller to manage the presentation. There they see two buttons - forward and backward. But if there are several speakers and each with their own presentation, there is a problem - buttons are tied to a specific presentation. I create buttons for all speakers in advance. For the active speaker I leave these buttons active, and for the next speakers I turn off the buttons (I will remove the check marks of shortkats). Can I somehow script the inclusion of some shortkats and turn off others by pressing the button? So I wouldn 't do it by hand.
And the question is, are there any presentation control buttons planned for the vmix call client part?
dmwkr  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:13:15 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
@EventorTV

Don't know about a function to (de)activate shortcuts. But, in theory you could assign one set of buttons to all presentations (all presentations advance like the one in the output), and after one speaker has finished, reset all presentations with one button.

Another workaround: You could assign your shortcuts to an input number, and move the upcoming presentation input to that number. (MoveInput)

You've got to test, if it's practical.

(PS. I think it would have been ok to start a new thread. Your question doesn't really relate to the problem in this thread.)
al4video  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 9:42:13 AM(UTC)
al4video

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post
This indicates issues with capacity on the pipe between you and your caller/s. With the increased traffic on the internet atm there are issues such as this with all conferencing systems using the public internet (Skype, WebRTC, Zoom etc.) It is not a vMix or vMixCall issue. You might have a good connection according to your speedtest which will only test your speed between your PC ad the nearest test server, but there can be congestion anywhere after that.

That's interesting, but I haven't had one single problem on Zoom.