logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lighting video  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:36:25 AM(UTC)
lighting video

Groups: Registered
Canada

In a Vmix call set up with one on-camera host and a mix call guest I am looking for a simple workflow to send the guest mix minus of just host audio while at the same time giving the in-studio host mix minus of just the Vmix call audio. As I will be switching between the two inputs I want to have both the host audio and the Vmix caller audio on at all times. I know I can set the camera input as to no audio source and create a separate audio input just for the on-camera host audio therefore when switching between the host's camera and the Vmix call the host audio can stay on. However, I have the following workflow question for the host to get just the guest's audio and the guest just getting the host audio but having both recorded is unclear. I know Vmix creates automatically a mix-minus to the Vmix caller but when I switch away from the Vmxi call input the Vmix call audio is gone also of course when I switch back it is live again.
I think having a step by step workflow for this would be good as I have searched the video tutorials and I have not seen a specific workflow as I describe being available. I did see a response for someone who wanted to take the Vmix call audio out to a separate audio console but in my case, I want to work all the audio within Vmix.
roverradio  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:53:26 AM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You would just create separate audio buses and put the call and studio host on different buses, then send Bus A (or whatever the studio host is on) as return to caller in vMix Call. To get caller-only audio to studio host, have them listen to whatever bus you decide to put the vMix Call on (Bus B for example).

Of course, things can get more complicated quickly. What is the studio host "listening" to? In-ear monitor, etc. (however you're sourcing that, you'd choose as an output for the bus). Do you want them to ONLY hear the vmix caller, or other audio that may be in the main vmix program out? Without a more detailed description, it would be impossible to give exact advice.

Perhaps post a detailed flow diagram of what you hope to accomplish here and someone could help in a more detailed manner.

But, in short, it would be accomplished with multiple audio buses. And, since you mentioned switching between sources, make sure Automatic Mixing on those particular audio channels is set to off.
ask  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:18:51 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
mavik  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:52:58 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
In your case I would just try to keep it as simple as possible. The mix-minus of vmix call should be just fine. The only thing you have to do is disabling the audio follows video tickbox of the call input. This way you can switch between inputs and leave the audio active.
lestra  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:15:36 PM(UTC)
lestra

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For guests on vmix call, it is better to use headphones than speakers on phone/tablet/laptop.
zenvideo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lestra Go to Quoted Post
For guests on vmix call, it is better to use headphones than speakers on phone/tablet/laptop.

Definitely use headphones or an earpiece/earbuds - speakers should be a last resort if you want to avoid acoustic feedback/echo.
lestra  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:10:41 AM(UTC)
lestra

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If there are not headphones, I use noise gate.