logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olof.brandt  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 5:12:35 PM(UTC)
olof.brandt

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hi!
We had a strange problem with our church stream this Sunday. Since we are all beginners using vMix we would like to see where we went wrong. We had everything set up and tried it on Wednesday, everything worked fine. The we did 2 test streams on Sunday morning, everything worked fine and then when we started the stream at 11 everything went sideways. At first we had no sound at all. ADn then when the sound started the sound from the main mixing board sounded like you have slowed it down and every couple of seconds it "jumped" to get back on track. We also got really bad "lag" (don't know if that is the right term) where the sound sounded like it was on a bad SKype call. This was not only on the stream, but everything was the same on the streaming computer all the sudden. The sound went from perfect to bad without us changing anything else but the code for the stream in Youtube (from a private test to our main page).

Here are some examples to help explain, the whole service is still on Youtube so here is some direct links to what I'm talking about.
1. When you here Daniel (to the right), first I use the sound from the mixer then I cut over to the sound from the videorecorder instead since he sounds strange. link This is what I mean with the slow sound.
2. Here you can here the lag (this is from videorecorder mik: link, and a while later when it had disappeared: link) The clips have two different Cams but the source for audio.

Set up:
Computer specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 1.80GHz 55 °C
RAM: 16,0GB
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. UX434FAC (U3E1)
Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz), Intel UHD Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage: 476GB INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8 (RAID (SSD))

Cameras
Main camera: Sony fdr-ax33 (connected via Elgato Cam Link 4K)
Secondary camera: Logitech c910 (only used in the beginning of the service, no audio from this source)

Sound
Secondary source, Sony fdr-ax44, was not planning on using this, but had to since the other set didn't work.
Primary source:
- The church main board with a mono out xlr.
- Mono XLR into H5 recorder
- H5 recorder connected to computer via USB

Everyhing sounded good in mixer
In H5
But not in computer

Hope someone can help us with where we went wrong.
Afterwards we tried to add a 3,5 mm from H5 to the Sonycamera and take the sound that way via HDMI and CamLink to the computer and that sounded good, but since the trial runs sounded good with the first set up we want to be sure.
aci85  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:52:02 PM(UTC)
aci85

Italy

Hi, I also had a problem yesterday during the live broadcast of the mass. We stream on youtube and facebook but the source is unique. In facebook the sound is slowed down, the voices change and there is a recurring audio noise, while on YouTube no audio problem. What can it be? Link to an example.

To see an example check the same minute in both videos. For example 50:00 minute.

https://www.facebook.com.../videos/160256415103572/
aci85  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 6:32:04 AM(UTC)
aci85

Italy

Hi, today during a live streaming something very strange happened. Microphone sound is only heard on IOS devices. On ANDROID it is heard only if connected to other devices such as headphones. What can it be? The audio I send from within the software is fine. Ambient audio only does not work. Help me. I used a microphone that I leaned against the speaker where the voices come from. This microphone is connected directly to the microphone input of the PC.

link for example:
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 10:38:31 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Issue may be related to this Knowledge Base article:

- https://www.vmix.com/kno...ery-low-muted-or-missing

Ice