logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Silkstone Baps  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 11:14:01 AM(UTC)
Silkstone Baps

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi all,

I'm a totally newby here, but am hoping to understand how vMix works and most importantly how to setup streaming thanks to Covid19.

I have recently taken over the role of video recording at my local church in Ipswich QLD. We are using a paid version of vMix bought a few years back that hadn’t been updated since version 20.0.0.something! Now that I have taken over I have (connected the whole system to the internet!!) updated vMix to the latest version that the updater will allow which is 21.0.0.61. Obviously this is very short of the latest version according to the website, but that’s really just back story.

As you are know Covid-19 is causing all sorts of disruption to gatherings, not least of them is Sunday Church services. Which brings me to my issue. I want to live stream to YouTube live and version 21.0.0.6 seems to be equipped to do this however, I have no idea whether the church has an online registration so that I can log in to link vMix and YouTube live.

Due to the Covid19 issue and the required 1.5m exclusion zone required for meetings, our church is asking if I can have this setup by this Sunday... which is a little short notice when you weren’t the person originally setting up the system, but we are doing our best.

Does the vMix account come with the newer purchaces of vMix? And can those of us using an older version (that didn't have an online account) get an online account so we can setup streaming? I have used the registration code provided to me to try and sign in but according to the site, that code is invalid.

I'm very stuck!

Thanks for your help.
BionicTdb  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 2:41:46 AM(UTC)
BionicTdb

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

All you need to do to use vMix is to purchase a licence or use a trial. If you have previously used a trial it wont allow you to do so again. therefore you need to purchase.

During the purchase process you provide an email address, to that email you will get a vMix key sent to you.

Afterwards simply download and install vMix. when asked place your licence key, an move forward.

I purchased the $350 HD and I do not believe I have an account here. My forum account is using the same email address but I had to create that sperately.

Once you buy a key you can use it immediately.

Silkstone Baps  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 8:25:48 AM(UTC)
Silkstone Baps

Australia

Thanks BionicTdb.

I've already got a paid licenced copy of vMix. I'm guessing it's a version that was released prior to any online account was around.

Thankfully though the vMix staff have contacted me with steps to use my older version and how to live stream with what I have. I really appreciate their help! I'll be setting it all up today, and hopefully I won't have any issues.
Silkstone Baps  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 2:47:12 PM(UTC)
Silkstone Baps

Australia

We went live this morning and it went very well indeed. Far better than my initial expectations!

Thanks again to the vMix team with your last minute help and support!