logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MickG  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:19:45 PM(UTC)
MickG

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hiya,

I'm seeing a large number of Dropped Frames on my External Output (approx 1 per minute but varies significantly).
I've also seen picture disturbance and audio pops on the external PGM SDI output.

V-Mix is running on a HP Z4 G4 Workstation with 64GB of RAM and 3.7GHz CPU. Graphics card is a NVidia RTX2080.
HDSDI (1080i50) Inputs and outputs are facilitated by a Black Magic Design Decklink Quad 2 card.

The BMD Decklink Quad 2 and all SDI inputs are locked to the same Master Sync Pulse Generator running at 1080i50.
CPU utilization and Render times are very low.

Why would I see Dropped Frames in this configuration?

Mick.

ScreenCapture1.PNG (2,235kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
BionicTdb  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 12:02:56 AM(UTC)
BionicTdb

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MickG Go to Quoted Post
Hiya,

I'm seeing a large number of Dropped Frames on my External Output (approx 1 per minute but varies significantly).
I've also seen picture disturbance and audio pops on the external PGM SDI output.

V-Mix is running on a HP Z4 G4 Workstation with 64GB of RAM and 3.7GHz CPU. Graphics card is a NVidia RTX2080.
HDSDI (1080i50) Inputs and outputs are facilitated by a Black Magic Design Decklink Quad 2 card.

The BMD Decklink Quad 2 and all SDI inputs are locked to the same Master Sync Pulse Generator running at 1080i50.
CPU utilization and Render times are very low.

Why would I see Dropped Frames in this configuration?

Mick.

ScreenCapture1.PNG (2,235kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

sounds like you have a beefy computer and it should not drop frames.

have you tested that your Ethernet outs cables are up to snuff? shielded from other sources etc? cat7 has a great amount of shielding, the higher the number the great the shielding.

If it is not showing dropped frames at source and only on the external, then I would guess a networking issues.

TracyPeterson  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:10:49 AM(UTC)
TracyPeterson

Originally Posted by: BionicTdb Go to Quoted Post

have you tested that your Ethernet outs cables are up to snuff? shielded from other sources etc? cat7 has a great amount of shielding, the higher the number the great the shielding.

If it is not showing dropped frames at source and only on the external, then I would guess a networking issues.

Why would it be Ethernet cable? He's asking about the physical SDI output on the Blackmagic card. There's nothing for ethernet here. I'm getting serious issues with my externals lately as well. I'm suspect of driver changes at blackmagic and Vmix not being updated to accommodate.

Is there a way to bring this to the attention of vmix support?
admin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 12:26:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Please drop us an email to investigate further....
mundm  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:16:39 AM(UTC)
mundm

Germany

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
we are seeing similar issues on Acer Predator Helios 700 with Aja I/O 4k Plus running vMix 23.0.0.49 1080/50i settings
Audio on the external is heaviely distorted, but everything fine in the headphone out of vMix.
cpu ussage is very low, gpu memory at 8%
Opening a new project seems to solve the problem most of the time. But not always.
In some projects SDI signal is not usable.
Problems occur with video clips and vmixcalls, sometimes with as little as 2 inputs.

Aja drivers are the latest, the aja box is two weeks old
mundm  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 5:21:11 AM(UTC)
mundm

Germany

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
we could solve our problems with dropped frames and audio dropouts on the aja i/o 4k plus,
by removing the blackmagic drivers for the alternative hardware and really any unneeded software from the system.
render time went back to 8-12 ms and no more droped frames on the SDI out.
Since we needed the system running stable again it was no time to double check if it was really the black magic software or another software that caused the problem.