logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Christian_Leiss  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:44:37 PM(UTC)
Christian_Leiss

Groups: Registered
Man

Hi, just a minor suggestion on the Program behaviour.

It would make a big deal for Automated / Monitored Systems if i could supress the Close Program Request when i am Shutting down vMix.
Why :
We run the System Completely via the HTTP-API.
Also there is a Watchdog on the System that searches for Errors (Currently for massive grow in the Log-Files) and sends a list of Windows-Messages like
WM_QUIT / WM_CLOSE to vMix in order to close the Appilication when Errors are detected.
When sure vMix is closed the Watchdog simply calls the Preset and everything is Up and running again.

But the "Are you sure wou want to close vMix" Popup prevents a clean Application Close Scenario and the Watchdog has to Kill the Process every time.
This can actually lead to some Init Errors on the Program Startup, because some Drivers could think the Hardware is still in use due the lack of clean Program Termination.

As far as i remeber earlier Versions did not have that Popup, current Versions have it and (currently in the Settings) i have not found an Option to turn this "PopUp" off.

Thanks for Reading !

Best Regards.

Christian Leiß
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:24:58 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Christian_Leiss wrote:
Hi, just a minor suggestion on the Program behaviour.

It would make a big deal for Automated / Monitored Systems if i could supress the Close Program Request when i am Shutting down vMix.
Why :
We run the System Completely via the HTTP-API.
Also there is a Watchdog on the System that searches for Errors (Currently for massive grow in the Log-Files) and sends a list of Windows-Messages like
WM_QUIT / WM_CLOSE to vMix in order to close the Appilication when Errors are detected.
When sure vMix is closed the Watchdog simply calls the Preset and everything is Up and running again.

But the "Are you sure wou want to close vMix" Popup prevents a clean Application Close Scenario and the Watchdog has to Kill the Process every time.
This can actually lead to some Init Errors on the Program Startup, because some Drivers could think the Hardware is still in use due the lack of clean Program Termination.

As far as i remeber earlier Versions did not have that Popup, current Versions have it and (currently in the Settings) i have not found an Option to turn this "PopUp" off.

Thanks for Reading !

Best Regards.

Christian Leiß

Hello Christian,

To my own understand, the feature was added due to popular demand and request from various users to prevent accidental closing of operational vMix...

But, if there's any other option, then its up to Martin to decide.
Christian_Leiss  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:30:39 PM(UTC)
Christian_Leiss

Man

Damn2Good4U wrote:

Hello Christian,

To my own understand, the feature was added due to popular demand and request from various users to prevent accidental closing of operational vMix...

But, if there's any other option, then its up to Martin to decide.

Thanks for the Heads Up, and i completely agree with the Close Program PopUp, since it prevents accidently closing, thats good.
For that reason i asked for it to be a Option in the Settings Menu to turn it On and Off, so everybody is Happy :-)

Best Regards !

Christian Leiß
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:34:44 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I do not mean it in a bad way...

We are all working towards making vMix the best as per our suggestions and recommendation.

Christian_Leiss  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:37:59 PM(UTC)
Christian_Leiss

Man

Damn2Good4U wrote:
I do not mean it in a bad way...

We are all working towards making vMix the best as per our suggestions and recommendation.

No thing, i did not get it in a bad way :-)