logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
revned  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:51:57 AM(UTC)
revned

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,
I am doing mobile recordings/streaming of focus groups with PTZoptics NDI cams, a mix of Dante and traditional mics, a Yamaha TF1 audio console, and one Vmix system.
There is a section of my day where my main group of 24 participants (a switched multi cam/multi mic recording/stream) get split into three smaller groups in separate rooms. The groups begin the discussions within roughly 10 minutes of each other, but they each finish at totally different times.
Each room has one PTZoptics PT20x-NDI camera, a Dante microphone, a Dante AVIO device to embed the Dante mic audio into the camera, and a small ethernet switch, feeding back into my main switch and ultimately Vmix in the control room.

Can anyone think of a way to start/stop these single cam recordings separately? I am currently getting the job done by utilizing the main record for one feed, and multicorder for my other feeds, but I obviously have to start multicorder when the first group starts and cannot end it until the last group finishes. There is no time for editing in Post (there is no post at all), and the clients do not like the dead air at the head/tail of these multicorder recordings.

I can go into more detail of my signal flow, if needed.

Another thing I barely touched on above, audio is being physically embedded into the cameras' 3.5mm audio input using Audinate AVIO devices, but it's a pertty convoluted route (mic>small ethernet switch>big ethernet switch>audio mixer>AVIO>camera 3.5mm). I'm wondering if the new "mix input" in Vmix 23 would allow me to combine the NDI cam input and the Dante mic's processed output from the console, thus eliminating the AVIOs entirely.

I realize that I could have each camera/mic pair feed into a laptop with Vmix installed, record there, then send a combined output from each room into my main Vmix system to be combined in a quad-view (oh yeah, I am also outputting everything over SDI to an adjacent room for the client to watch live, in addition to web streaming for the remote viewers), but I'] am trying to simplify, and managing & deploying multiple PCs sounds....not simple.
cho123  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:44:22 AM(UTC)
cho123

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just a thought, what if you cast two NDI output with audio bus a and b. Make recording using studio monitor?
revned  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:52:16 AM(UTC)
revned

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Now that's an idea. Had not considered going outside of Vmix. I will investigate.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:51:50 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
You can use the virtual soundcard or via to ingest the dante mics directly into vmix. Setup on different buses to keep them seperate from each other. Then the studio monitor as cho123 said. If you want to cut head tails natively I can recommend videredo. I just recalculates just the gop you do the cuts and copies the rest. Very quick.