logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MediamanNYC  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 7:47:44 AM(UTC)
MediamanNYC

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,

I have an interesting idea for a new feature.

I manage a training center remotely that is running vMix with two PTZOptics cameras.
From my desk in another location I remote control the cameras and pull the feeds from there into another vMix setup via NDI.
This is done over the company intranet.

I can control basic functions of vMix at the remote location using the web interface. But there are times I need to actually gain remote access to the actual computer (via VNC) to change parameters, make adjustments, start streams and records, etc.

What would be great if there was a function whereby one vMix setup can connect and mirror the functions and status of a remote setup (short of actually recording or streaming but that could be handy also. I kind of do that pulling NDI feeds from the remote machine for backup recordings and streams).

If you go in to change bitrate on a record locally, it is changed remotely as well. If you put in new settings for a live stream or change the duration on a transition, it is automatically reflected on the remote setup.

Hopefully you get what I am talking about. Basically one vMix setup can be set to 'client' off of another set to 'server' in order to mirror functions. So that you can have most (if not all) of the vMix functionality of the remote setup locally.

As that feature that could be considered and/or implemented?

Regards,
John