logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fifo85  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:43:48 PM(UTC)
fifo85

Groups: Registered
Australia

I work as a free lancer and design title graphics for some clients as well as learn new features to be able to use on their systems,

I would like to purchase a version of vmix for myself to be able to edit gt titles but i don't need the rest of the software for broadcast only to test run the titles iv'e made.

Can I ask for a version maybe the basic HD usd$60 to include edit of gt titles? I don't want to spend usd$700 on a version that wont be used.
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:32:13 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
You say that you don't want to spend usd$700 on a version that wont be used.. But the matter of the fact is that you will be using it. You are not using it for streaming, recording etc. but that does not matter.
There is also another problem with the approach to make GT Designer standalone, you can not play those titles with animations on anything lower than 4K license.

I'm in the same boat as you, I mainly use vMix for graphics integrations and development for other productions/companies, sometimes I too go out to do some work on the field but my vMix is mainly sandbox for me. I can justify the 700$ price tag fully. It is one time payment and you have a year of version upgrades. One bigger graphics work should (also must..) cover the cost. From then onwards, it's only profit.
thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
doggy on 2/13/2020(UTC)
stevespaw  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:12:23 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MartLeib Go to Quoted Post
You say that you don't want to spend usd$700 on a version that wont be used.. But the matter of the fact is that you will be using it. You are not using it for streaming, recording etc. but that does not matter.
There is also another problem with the approach to make GT Designer standalone, you can not play those titles with animations on anything lower than 4K license.

I'm in the same boat as you, I mainly use vMix for graphics integrations and development for other productions/companies, sometimes I too go out to do some work on the field but my vMix is mainly sandbox for me. I can justify the 700$ price tag fully. It is one time payment and you have a year of version upgrades. One bigger graphics work should (also must..) cover the cost. From then onwards, it's only profit.

Ross has raised the price of the XPression "designer" dongle to about $2500. Food for thought.

Steve
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:26:16 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fifo85 Go to Quoted Post
I don't want to spend usd$700 on a version that wont be used.

How would you test your product for real then ? as pointed out self created animated GT titles only work on 4K and up

you can create your GT titles on a lower license and test them there but without animations then (an options to create titles for clients who have not 4K and above ;-) )
fifo85  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:31:16 AM(UTC)
fifo85

Australia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: fifo85 Go to Quoted Post
I don't want to spend usd$700 on a version that wont be used.

How would you test your product for real then ? as pointed out self created animated GT titles only work on 4K and up

you can create your GT titles on a lower license and test them there but without animations then (an options to create titles for clients who have not 4K and above ;-) )

For one client i work with mostly has around 6 4k versions of vmix on 6 machines in 2 ob's.

I work away from home as my prime occupation and make titles on my laptop and then send them through.

There is literaly zero reason for me to have a usd$700 program (im in australia so price is stupidly expensive) for the small amount i actualy do.

doggy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:44:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
im in australia so price is stupidly expensive

why would this be different compared to other countries ? also , is an Australian company !
doggy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:53:20 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

but if your client trusts you ;-)