logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Whisper  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:30:45 AM(UTC)
Whisper

Groups: Registered
France

Hello all !

We are using Skype with NDI to include callers in our Vmix workflow and it's working wonderfully except for one thing: the video received by the caller is fluid but the audio is cut out as if a threshold was active: it cuts for 1s regulary, like every 2 or 3 seconds.

We often have 3 or more mics active at the same time and sent to skype via the audio Bus B.

From our testing it seems like when we only activate and send ONE mic at a time throughout the Bus B the audio almost never gets chopped, so we figured it's some kind of audio cuts made by Skype when the audio signal passes somekind of threshold, but I can't find any parameters in skype adjusting that.

Lowering the Bus B output doens't work: the audio gets inaudible before we can see any improvment.

More often than not we can work with only one mic at a time (the main host) although in some configuration it can be an issue, so I was wondering if any of you guys have had that problem before ?
cho123  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 5:58:18 AM(UTC)
cho123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yea....we have been all there (ppl trying to integrate NDI into our work flow). I am going to say one word Dante.