logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Airdirect  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:50:26 AM(UTC)
Airdirect

Groups: Registered
United States

I am totally new to streaming. I have zero knowledge about what I am attempting to do, any help is appreciated. My church is wanting to live stream its morning service so members who are unable to attend can be a part of the service. We currently video the service and create DVD's, we want to transition to live streaming and eliminate the DVD production. I have installed vMix, configured it to work with our camera and sound system. We did a test feed to YouTube this past Sunday and was able to view the stream on YouTube. Our internet connection is very limited (rural church), we have a 3 meg internet connection. We tried streaming at different rates and finally settled on 1800. Our audio rate was 128. Would like some suggestions of video format, frame rates and other popular settings used when streaming to YouTube.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:00:25 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
720p at 1.5 mbps has a better image quality than 1080p at 1.5 mbps. If the upload rate is all you can get go for 720p.

There are options available (in software only as well) to bond multiple network together into one stronger connection. 4G or USB tethering from a phone are easy to get.
Airdirect  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:12:22 PM(UTC)
Airdirect

United States

Thanks, will give you suggestion a try.

David