logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cacooley  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 10:29:43 PM(UTC)
cacooley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Looking for a cost effective solution that I can use at my church to get the mixed output we send to FB and Youtube but be able to send it around the church to different rooms where we have TV's at. I have a multiplexer that we have used for years to send the signal now around the church where you tune to channel 4 on the TVs to get picture and sound. The issue is it is only our front camera off of the composite output of the camera and I want to send the mixed production around. I know I will have to convert the HD signal to analog to put into multiplexer but what is my best option for getting the mixed feed out of the computer? Eventually as budgets allow I will upgrade the TVs and signaling to those tv's but I have to work with what I have for now. Thanks
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 11:53:21 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cacooley Go to Quoted Post
I know I will have to convert the HD signal to analog to put into multiplexer but what is my best option for getting the mixed feed out of the computer?

Assuming you have a spare HDMI output from your graphics card, or have a spare PCIe slot into which you could fit a very basic graphics card with HDMI o/p, then you could use that as a FULLSCREEN output of the program feed, and send it via a basic HDMI to analogue video comnverter or something like that.

It's best to use a graphics card which has an audio driver which can sent embedded audio out over the HDMI connection, and then you can send one of vMix's audio busses to that device, with that buss being fed from all the same sources as the master (assuming that's the mix you want to send - if not you can include/exclude sources as required).
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
cacooley on 1/28/2020(UTC)
mavik  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 6:30:32 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Another option would be a BMD mini monitor card. In vMix you can specify in the external settings what you want to send to that card.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
cacooley on 1/28/2020(UTC)