logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheKaiser  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:10:30 PM(UTC)
TheKaiser

Groups: Registered
Italy

Hi everyone, I need to have the most professional footage possible with vmix call, but I cannot connect a camera to a Laptop because it must be a system usable by an operator and must be able to move in a venue.

Vimix Call + high-end Smartphone + Gimball would be a perfect solution, but the first tests are not positive (using a Mate 20 Pro). Low framerate and poor video quality even with excellent 4g signal.

The problem is therefore certainly the phone, so I ask you if someone has had good results with vmix call + smartphone, and with which model (I-phone?). Do you have any sample videos?

Thank you!
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:27:27 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
On a mobile phone it will default to accessing a mobile version of the vMix Call portal that has reduced resolution/quality.

In the Chrome menu on the phone use "Select desktop version of site" and you should be able to achieve 720p30.
TheKaiser  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:37:03 AM(UTC)
TheKaiser

Italy

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post
On a mobile phone it will default to accessing a mobile version of the vMix Call portal that has reduced resolution/quality.

In the Chrome menu on the phone use "Select desktop version of site" and you should be able to achieve 720p30.

Yes, but also if I set the Desktop Version and I get the signal in 720p30 in VMIX the quality is still poor and the framerate seems lower..
mavik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:33:26 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Usually these days phones should have good enough quality for that. BUT, what I assume is that the network is the problem. In that case you have two options.
1. Improve the network with a bonding device (Mushroom, viprinet, peplink, teradek)
2. Send the signal from the running cam (via a transmitter like IDX CW-1, Hollyland Mars 300, ikan blitz lite 300....) to a local receiver and from there use a wired network laptop with vmix call.

Some cams have a streaming option build in. If that is available to you, you could send to a nginx rtmp server in the studio and output NDI to receive in vmix.
elvis55  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:19:11 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hallo

Try the way I do it. Smartphone with Larix Broadcaster and SRT.
Via the Internet with: Public IP address, -zb. ddns.net.

There are various dynamic IP addresses

In the Larix connection: srt://xxxxxxx.ddns.net:1238
Release the public IP address in the router and open port 1238.
In vMix input - Stream / SRT - Listener - Port 1238 - OK.
The port is freely selectable, you can also choose any other port number that must always be in the transmitter
and the receiver must be identical.

Greeting

Edit: port open at UPD
TheKaiser  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:25:31 PM(UTC)
TheKaiser

Italy

Ok, but has anyone tried to use, for example, an Iphone11? With Iphone 6/7 the result, seeing the few footage found on youtube, seems ok for the use, if there is an improvement with Ipohe 11 it can be the ideal solution.
mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 7:43:17 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Usually these days phones should have good enough quality for that. BUT, what I assume is that the network is the problem. In that case you have two options.
1. Improve the network with a bonding device (Mushroom, viprinet, peplink, teradek)
2. Send the signal from the running cam (via a transmitter like IDX CW-1, Hollyland Mars 300, ikan blitz lite 300....) to a local receiver and from there use a wired network laptop with vmix call.

Some cams have a streaming option build in. If that is available to you, you could send to a nginx rtmp server in the studio and output NDI to receive in vmix.

No. The phone may be powerful. The camera may be good. The limitation may be operation in the browser, which does not leverage hardware acceleration of encoding on all devices/platforms.

An installed application, like an RTMP camera or Larix Broadcaster, may perform better.