logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xant  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:05:35 AM(UTC)
xant

Groups: Registered
Canada

as the Producer of a show If I Bring 2 Hosts and Two guests both via Vcall how would I set up to speak to the Hosts so only they can hear me but the guests and steam can not. I would think I would need the guests and the hosts both on the master bus, the hosts on vcall and myself on vcall on bus A, the hosts and guests on bus B but not me. Not sure how to get 2 vcalls on one bus and 2 on another though. There a way to do this?
Brian D.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:42:00 AM(UTC)
Brian D.

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I produce for a news show and we also bring in guest, how ever we use Skype, but the process is still the same.

My setup is,
Host gets audio-in from Bus A,
Guests get audio-in from Bus B,
Host audio-out to Master and Bus B.
Gust audio-out to Master and Bus A.

You can right click on the vmix call input and pick what video/audio that caller will see and hear.
Your Master Audio bus will allow you to decide which input is set to which Audio Bus.

So anything I want my guest to hear, I put it on Bus B in the Master Audio panel for the input.
Example if I want to talk directly to the Guest, I put my mic on Bus B, and only the guest will hear me,
as long as not other audio bus for this input is turned on of course.

Hope this helps.
coxmerle  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:12:50 AM(UTC)
coxmerle

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xant Go to Quoted Post
as the Producer of a show If I Bring 2 Hosts and Two guests both via Vcall how would I set up to speak to the Hosts so only they can hear me but the guests and steam can not. I would think I would need the guests and the hosts both on the master bus, the hosts on vcall and myself on vcall on bus A, the hosts and guests on bus B but not me. Not sure how to get 2 vcalls on one bus and 2 on another though. There a way to do this?

I do this now! It's actually pretty easy but I don't know if I can explain it very well. I would be more than happy to show you sometime if you want to skype me. I've been thinking about doing a Youtube tutorial but I haven't gotten around to it. If you know who Tom Sinclair is, he has a Youtube channel called "Streaming Idiots". He has a video detailing how he does it. It's ok, but a little hard to follow. Easier if you can see it live and ask questions.
thanks 1 user thanked coxmerle for this useful post.
sinc747 on 1/22/2020(UTC)