logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:32:10 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
OK this is a bit complicated...

We have 8 x Camera Inputs, followed by 40 VT's (.mov & .mp4) h.264. (32Gb DRAM, GeForce GTX-1060-6GB, Win10 1903, All SSD drives)

VT1 - VT3 play perfectly, however VT4 onward plays the audio but NOT the video. i.e its playing but wont render to the thumbnail, preview or program - just black.

The VT's are all identical in duration of 10 seconds, and rendered at the same time. We have tried in both native premier pro h.264 export and also tried mp4.

We can conclude that ALL the videos are OK as we can load any of the VT's into any of the first 3 VT inputs and they play perfectly.

NOTE: We have uninstalled a few things we didn't need (none of them running in foreground or background) and suddenly we could get VT's 1 - 11 to play, but nothing above the 11th VT.

NOTE2: After a reboot we have managed to 14 playing, the 15th and onward refusing to play any video.

NOTE3: We have noticed that on the inputs that don't play the indicated Resolution in General is set to 0x0 (they are all 1920x1080) the Framerate is set to the project frame rate (50i) despite the videos all being at 25p.

Tested on vMix 22, and 23 same on same on both. Any Thoughts - 48 hours away from a project that needs 40 VT's to be loaded.

Nothing seems to be stressing the system in Task Manger, way less than 50% (GPU,GPU, Memory, GPU Memory, hard drive space or speed, etc.)

Cheers Keith
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:20:52 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ kgoodyer

What happens if you put all 40 videos into a List Input?
Or 10 in each of 4 List Inputs?

Ice
kgoodyer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:29:40 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Update: Some new facts...

Ok the issue seems to be that every time we reload the PRESET the number of supported video's changes. I now have a preset with just 16 x h.264 .MOV files, all 10 seconds long, encoded at 25mbps. Nothing else. Everytime I reload the preset (not closing vMix) i get a random number of videos loading with 1920x1080p25, than suddenly all further VT's load as a 0x0i50 (i50 is the project default). I have even tried loading the SAME VT into all 16 inputs, and randomly the first X many are ok, then all the following fail. When you hit play on ANY of the faild inputs, you see the audio meters moving, but just black video.

Basically it looks like vMix is failing to read the correct format/resolution/frame-rate from the VT as it sequentially tried to load them into vMix's memory at preset load time.

This has me absolutely stumped - and I thought I knew vMix.
kgoodyer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:37:20 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Ice, its exactly the same... So a list input will play all 16 VT's, but only if it can load up the VT's.

Lets say after a preset reload inputs 1 - 8 work, and inputs 9 - 16 don't. If the list input was on input 4 it would work, if it was on input 12 it would not.

As posted in my last update, the sequential position between the working and non-working inputs seems to be entirely random each time I reload the preset. Just had a load when none of the inputs worked (i.e the failure point was at input 1) but also had preset loads where the problem occurred on 14, so i was only missing my last two VT's.

k
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:45:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ kgoodyer

Can you provide more information about your system?
Sounds like possibly a GPU memory issue of some sort, but I don't know as I have never seen or heard of that kind of random video Input playback issue before.

Ice
kgoodyer  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:50:21 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Ice, Thank you. we have solved it. I say we, actually a massive thank you to Martin who jumped to our rescue.

For the record, just in case anybody else has a similar issue it was "FXAA" being enabled on the graphics card.

The "FXAA" setting, is one of those weird GPU related settings in the NVIDIA control panel that no regular user understands.

I have no idea how mine became enabled.

However we are back in business, Thank you Martin!

Keith