logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter Berglund  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:15:56 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In short: Make it possible to define the input number freely between 1-1000.

Comment:
Since vMix version 22.0.0.66 it is possible to select an Input Number through a drop-down menu when adding an input. This is good, but you can not chose a number freely. You either get the next following number (by default) or the possibility to "squeeze" the new added input in between two existing input numbers so to say.

This might be an odd request and a no-brainier for those only using the normal vMix GUI. But as I'm using Skaarhoj surfaces with rather complex configuration and limited support for certain command parameters, I need to use "hard-coded" defined input numbers. That said it had been great if it was possible to assign input numbers completely freely in vMix to fit the "generic" control surface configuration I'm using. Without going into all details of my setup and workflow, I use "banks" of inputs. As an example Cams on input 1-12, Media files 13-24, Titles 25-36... are defined in my Skaarhoj. But if I only have 5 cams in a production, I need to add 7 blank inputs in order to be able to assign the first media file as input #13. I know, it sounds complicated, but it's not. At least not after the setup in vMix is done. Then I have everything at my fingertips in the same way in every production which reduces the level of stress...

I'm aware that this request will have an implication on today's "drag-and-drop" functionality where you can move around inputs in the GUI. Perhaps is it so that today's functionality should be the default functionality. If you chose to define "hard" input numbers, then you have - which means that moving inputs around can only be done by editing the input number. Would work great for me anyway.

Worth pointing out is if this request becomes a reality, the hard coded input numbers must not change if other inputs with lower numbers are closed (deleted).

:)
/Peter