logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 11:45:57 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi all I do hope everyone is well. I'm trying to figure out how I can have someone call my studio number and then broadcast the conversation live.

I usually have a live guest call in via Skype, I then need the mobile hone connected to my PC (via the mic input) so both the viewers and the Skype guest can hear. The person on the phone would also need to listen.

Has anyone set this up before? I've tried using a TRRS convertor from the mobile into the PC (audio input in vMix), but this doesn't work (I get terrible feedback)!

Thanks in advance if someone has a solution.
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:05:34 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Interfacing a physical phone is possible. There are devices to make this practical. JK Audio is one brand to consider.

I would not use a hardware solution. I used a soft phone. For years I hosted a live podcast/stream* that had call-in from all around the world. We used a soft phone to dial into a conference bridge. Participants could thus participate in their own voice.

This is a lot like vMix Call, voice-only, where the remote party can be on a real telephone, mobile phone or computer. The conference service I used allows this.

Using a soft phone requires virtual audio cables to route the audio to/from vmix. I also used VoiceMeeter, since back then the internal audio routing in vMix was limited. It's much better now.

Using a conference service gave us a lot of tools. We could have multiple guests connected. Breakout rooms allowed us to have private chats with them, like a green room.

I wrote this all up in a few blog posts.

*I'd link to the site for that project, but it was lost to a major server upgrade when my former partner failed to make backups. It did run for about 13 years, and 700+ episodes. The YouTube library remains. It has all the shows that involved a Google Hangout.
thanks 1 user thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
Simsyuk on 1/14/2020(UTC)