logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ramunas  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:26:00 AM(UTC)
Ramunas

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/19/2021(UTC)
Posts: 1
Lithuania

I need to get a color value of the text in GT Title. How to do it?
doggy  
#142 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 11:27:38 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ramunas Go to Quoted Post
I need to get a color value of the text in GT Title. How to do it?


Theoretically it could be done by reading the preset files XML but is rather pointless as it doesn't update instantly.

On the other hand if one is changing a colour in the first place, why not keep track of it in your script , or save it as a dynamic value
Simsyuk  
#143 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 8:21:53 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/16/2019(UTC)
Posts: 236
United Kingdom

Thanks: 45 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Automated Player Script.

Hi all, I hope everyone is well. I'm testing a preset to handle an automated idea but I require someone to help me with some scripting (I'm more than happy to pay) as I haven't got a clue about scripts etc.

I have around 70ish mp4 video files placed within a folder, currently I have to manually select an input number and a viewers name from vMix Social, once the video ends it then plays a small animation to say the next person being selected, after 5 seconds it then plays the next mp4 from the preview section that I've selected from an input - I also select a random persons name from the vMix Social).

What I'm after is a script that will automatically pick a viewers name from vMix Social, display their name, and then pick a different input number (the mp4 file) or mp4 randomly from a folder (but not the same mp4 twice).

I'm pretty sure this is doable.

As I said I'm happy to pay for someone to create a script for me if someone can help. Thanks in advnace.

Sims
KTVChannel  
#144 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 9:11:52 PM(UTC)
KTVChannel

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8
Russian Federation
Location: Moscow

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone!
I really need help. Perhaps it was somewhere.
We need a script that allows you to run the trigger on the input for a certain time before the end of the video in the input.
I want to make the transition to blackout 400/760/1000 ms before the end of the video.
Thanks!
doggy  
#145 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 10:54:43 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KTVChannel Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone!
I really need help. Perhaps it was somewhere.


You are right. Right here in this post (page 6)
KTVChannel  
#146 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 4:22:07 PM(UTC)
KTVChannel

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8
Russian Federation
Location: Moscow

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think I found it. But I did not understand how to apply this to the input I needed. Does this script affect the active input? And what changes do you need to make to this script for it to work?
Help me figure it out, I don't understand anything at all in VB))
doggy  
#147 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 7:49:35 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KTVChannel Go to Quoted Post
I think I found it. But I did not understand how to apply this to the input I needed. Does this script affect the active input? And what changes do you need to make to this script for it to work?
Help me figure it out, I don't understand anything at all in VB))


With all due respect I created this post with the intention of helping people on the way learning vMix scripting (hints,tips, smal basic general examples in addition to the helpfiles) not for fully personalized script requests.

You are asking for a script that is catered to your specific setup ( with not even enough information) so is a bit sad you posted (highjacked) this general post.

Would have been more appropriate to have a separate post asking for someone to build you a script ,as you mention you have no idea about programming, to your specific needs and compensate the maker for it. (BTW you are not the only one )

Quote:
We need a script that allows you to run the trigger on the input for a certain time before the end of the video in the input.

What input? the active one, a specific one ? .......

Quote:
I want to make the transition to blackout 400/760/1000 ms before the end of the video.

a transition to a black input or a Fade to black, at multiple times or one of these (400/760/1000) ? ..........

Quote:
Does this script affect the active input?

No , it checks the active input until you apply an action based on that

Scripts basically mimic what one would do manually (with some extra possibilities) so one first have to have that sorted out (described) !
doggy  
#148 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 7:57:11 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Simsyuk Go to Quoted Post
Automated Player Script.

Hi all, I hope everyone is well. I'm testing a preset to handle an automated idea but I require someone to help me with some scripting (I'm more than happy to pay) as I haven't got a clue about scripts etc.

I have around 70ish mp4 video files placed within a folder, currently I have to manually select an input number and a viewers name from vMix Social, once the video ends it then plays a small animation to say the next person being selected, after 5 seconds it then plays the next mp4 from the preview section that I've selected from an input - I also select a random persons name from the vMix Social).

What I'm after is a script that will automatically pick a viewers name from vMix Social, display their name, and then pick a different input number (the mp4 file) or mp4 randomly from a folder (but not the same mp4 twice).

I'm pretty sure this is doable.

As I said I'm happy to pay for someone to create a script for me if someone can help. Thanks in advnace.

Sims


Probably better to have posted this in a separate post rather then imbedded in a tips and hints post

Quote:
What I'm after is a script that will automatically pick a viewers name from vMix Social,


Do you have an idea on how this could work with no functions related to social selection etc besides manually selecting and approving a post , unless you automate update of a social title?
vMix social is a separate app that sends selections to a webpage and consequentially to a title. Want to scrape the info from the webpage ?
btw , random does not exclude duplicates
KTVChannel  
#149 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 8:45:39 PM(UTC)
KTVChannel

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8
Russian Federation
Location: Moscow

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry, maybe my approach is not entirely correct. I was just looking for a universal script that could be adapted for my task.
All the same, I will sign what is needed.
At the active input, the transition to blackout (there is a separate input for this) should occur 400/760/1000 ms before the end.
doggy  
#150 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2021 7:22:55 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Mix Transition triggering play/pause of its inputs
call with shortcut

Code:
dim MixNumber as string = "2"  'Mix input number (2,3 or 4)
dim delay as integer = 500 'preferable duration of transition
dim x as new system.xml.xmldocument
x.loadxml(API.XML())

'Get input #'s of the Mix preview and active
dim IsPreview as string= (x.SelectSingleNode("//mix[@number='" & MixNumber & "']/preview").Innertext)
dim IsActive as string= (x.SelectSingleNode("//mix[@number='" & MixNumber & "']/active").Innertext)

API.Function("Play",Input:=IsPreview)      'if not continuous playing
'API.Function("AudioOn",Input:=IsPreview)  'if not audio always on
API.Function("SetVolumeFade",Input:=IsPreview,Value:="100," & CStr(delay))
API.Function("SetVolumeFade",Input:=IsActive ,Value:="50," & CStr(delay))

API.Function("Fade",Input:=0,Mix:=CInt(MixNumber)-1)
sleep(delay) 

'API.Function("AudioOff",Input:=IsActive ) 'if not audio always on
API.Function("Pause",Input:=IsActive )     'if not continuous playing
thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
stigaard on 11/5/2021(UTC), dmwkr on 11/6/2021(UTC)
jcw718  
#151 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 11:15:22 PM(UTC)
jcw718

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/24/2020(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: BROOKLYN

Thanks: 6 times
Thanks @doggy for the triggertime scripting!

I am also looking to make the triggertime a datasource lookup value. Probably staring right in front of me, but haven't found anything that works as of yet.

triggertime = (DataSource,Table,Column,Row-can be "selected" or assigned) I am currently referencing an excel spreadsheet.

or

triggertime= the text string in an input
doggy  
#152 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 11:53:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jcw718 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks @doggy for the triggertime scripting!

I am also looking to make the triggertime a datasource lookup value. Probably staring right in front of me, but haven't found anything that works as of yet.

triggertime = (DataSource,Table,Column,Row-can be "selected" or assigned) I am currently referencing an excel spreadsheet.

or

triggertime= the text string in an input


Can't directly refer to a datasource for a value but can relay it through a title

triggertime = Input.Find("NameOfTitle").Text("Headline.Text")

for example
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
jcw718 on 11/10/2021(UTC)
jcw718  
#153 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 1:43:15 AM(UTC)
jcw718

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/24/2020(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: BROOKLYN

Thanks: 6 times
Works like a charm! Using same construct, I am also looking at being able to change the value of the countdown clock, but not getting the same result

Here' what I'm attempting to do

Function=ChangeCountdown&Value=Input.Find("cueclock.gtzip"). Text("CueClock.Text")&Input=Countdown Clock
Function=StartCountdown&Input=Countdown Clock
doggy  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:47:11 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jcw718 Go to Quoted Post
Works like a charm! Using same construct, I am also looking at being able to change the value of the countdown clock, but not getting the same result

Here' what I'm attempting to do

Function=ChangeCountdown&Value=Input.Find("cueclock.gtzip"). Text("CueClock.Text")&Input=Countdown Clock
Function=StartCountdown&Input=Countdown Clock


You need to set the countdown , change applies while it is running or paused with a time below the set time ( a good idea is to test the functions as shortcut first to see the differences as in when and how to use each )


Also do not mix webscripting and vb.net scripting in one script!

Most examples here are vb.net scripting (and using API calls)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
jcw718 on 11/10/2021(UTC)
jcw718  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 5:16:17 AM(UTC)
jcw718

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/24/2020(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: BROOKLYN

Thanks: 6 times
Thanks for yet another quick reply! I have the a clock script fully functional using a time written into the script, but I wondering how can set it using some sort of find or lookup value that's in the same excel worksheet row as the earlier trigger time challenge I presented you?

LOL - yeah, I was mixing some scripting :-> !!


UPDATE: Wrote in as a separate script and works wonderfully! Thanks @doggy for the direction!

API.Function("StopCountdown",Input:="INPUT")
dim clockstart as string= Input.Find("clock.gtzip").Text("Clock.Text")
API.Function("SetCountdown",Input:="INPUT",Value:=clockstart)
API.Function("StartCountdown",Input:="INPUT")
Roy Sinclair  
#156 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/23/2020(UTC)
Posts: 14
United States
Location: Wichita

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jcw718 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for yet another quick reply! I have the a clock script fully functional using a time written into the script, but I wondering how can set it using some sort of find or lookup value that's in the same excel worksheet row as the earlier trigger time challenge I presented you?

LOL - yeah, I was mixing some scripting :-> !!


UPDATE: Wrote in as a separate script and works wonderfully! Thanks @doggy for the direction!

API.Function("StopCountdown",Input:="INPUT")
dim clockstart as string= Input.Find("clock.gtzip").Text("Clock.Text")
API.Function("SetCountdown",Input:="INPUT",Value:=clockstart)
API.Function("StartCountdown",Input:="INPUT")


They say you're supposed to have the full .NET API available so you should be able to open the spreadsheet as an XML file (assuming you are using the XML form of the Excel spreadsheet) and then build a query to get the contents of the cell you are looking for.
Chris Daum  
#157 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 9:21:37 AM(UTC)
Chris Daum

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/20/2020(UTC)
Posts: 46
Man
Germany

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sorry, but your script is a heck of a mess... :-)



Originally Posted by: filipe.shakeit Go to Quoted Post
You are right! I'm sorry about that.

So, I have a number of inputs designed to acomodate vmixcall inputs. Depending on the session, I use diferent calls so I have a script for each session. Because the script is big, I'll show the example for the first 2 layout inputs.

<code>
dim inputn as integer = 24

for n as integer = 24 to 47

dim layer1 as integer = 1

for i as integer = 1 to 10
API.Function("LayerOn",Input:=inputn,Value:=layer1)
layer1 = layer1 + 1
next

inputn = inputn + 1
Sleep(200)
next
<code>


first get some order in your for loops (example)
Code:

for inp as Integer = 1 to 3
   for lay as Integer = 1 to 3
     Api.Function("LayerOn", Input:= inp, Value:=lay)
   next
next

will
OvrlayOn Input Layer
1 1
2 2
3 3 (and so on depending on the defined Range)
Originally Posted by: filipe.shakeit Go to Quoted Post

'next, define vmixcall to each speaker

dim moderador as integer = 1 'refer call for the moderator
dim oradora as integer = 2 'refer call for the first speaker
dim oradorb as integer = 3 'refer call for the second speaker

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="24",Value:="2,"&moderador)

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="2,"&moderador)

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="3,"&oradora)

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="4,"&oradorb)

</code>

With the code like this I have a syntax error.
I guess the missing space between & and variable
you could (example)
Code:

Dim mod() as Integer = {1,1,2,3} 'you could arrange as many "numbers" you like, just do more steps as "i"
Dim in() as Integer = {24,25,25,25} 'and keep each array filled with the same "item count"!!
Dim lay() as Integer = {2,2,3,4}

for i as Integer = 0 to 3 '4 steps!
   Api.Function("SetLayer", Input:= in(i), Value:=lay(i), mod(i))
next 


The current script I use works but I have to go througth each line individualy:

<code>
API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="24",Value:="2,1")

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="2,1")

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="3,2")

API.Function("SetLayer",Input:="25",Value:="4,3")
</code>



Sorry for the long text. I hope it helps other folks also. Thanks :)
thanks 1 user thanked Chris Daum for this useful post.
filipe.shakeit on 11/23/2021(UTC)
doggy  
#158 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:49:50 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Basic Example to combine multiple DataSource columns into a ticker

CombiTicker.JPG (102kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
benten2411 on 11/23/2021(UTC)
benten2411  
#159 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
benten2411

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/12/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3
Viet Nam
Location: Hanoi

Thanks: 2 times
Is it possible to use a script to mapping the data source to the title?
doggy  
#160 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 6:24:33 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,577
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 197 times
Was thanked: 642 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Originally Posted by: benten2411 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to use a script to mapping the data source to the title?


You can not. mapping is done manually in the title editor ( but you can halfway automate it by using the same Text field names as the column headers of your data source.)
Begs the question WHY ? Use case example ?


One can create an external app to make your own datasource reading and mapping if really needed
Users browsing this topic
9 Pages«<6789>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.