logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hakan_forss  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 2:10:47 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Groups: Registered
Sweden

I'm preparing to stream American Football games and will use multiple titles that will show the scoreboard in different designs. It is possible to set this up with duplicating short cuts but it is a lot of work and error prone. It would be great to have a simple Key Value store in vMix that I could update live during a game and then have different titles pull the values out as needed. For example:
* I want to update the home score with a short cut. Then show the score on three different titles with different designs.
* I want to have the down and distance updated with shortcuts. Then the down and distance will be shown with a few different designs

I currently solve this using a data source and move rows up and down. Not very flexible and cumbersome to set up

It would also be awesome if you could do a +1 +2 +6 -1 -2 -6 type of change of the KeyValues similar to the vMixController does with the score widget.

If KeyValue store is not in your roadmap I would like to have a DataSourceNextRows/DataSourcePreviousRows that would move X rows instead of repeating the DataSourceNextRow/DataSourcePreviousRows X times
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 2:40:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
It would also be awesome if you could do a +1 +2 +6 -1 -2 -6 type of change of the KeyValues similar to the vMixController does with the score widget.

Have you tried the += whatever value you like increase/decrease with Set Text function ?
hakan_forss  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:12:39 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Have you tried the += whatever value you like increase/decrease with Set Text function ?

Yes it works.

As don't want to update the same value in x number of titles it is not a workable solution at the moment. With a simple internal KeyValue store that you can use as a data store you could make the process so much easier.

One other option is of cause to use another program that writes to a file. Adds complexity
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:29:39 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

from what i understand you want somewhere in vMix a value stored and when using a shortcut want that value to be send to your various titles . That value has to be changeable as you don't want to have multiple keys for different values (while this is basically the most simple option )

as everything seems to be to much hard work or prone to errors I then would suggest scripting in combination with a simple title that will hold the value let the script read that value and send it to your multiple titles

Its not because it looks complex that is has to be operating it ;-) but any way you decide to do it , simplify it but it will demand some work in preparation sorry
hakan_forss  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 3:41:22 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

from what i understand you want somewhere in vMix a value stored and when using a shortcut want that value to be send to your various titles . That value has to be changeable as you don't want to have multiple keys for different values (while this is basically the most simple option )

as everything seems to be to much hard work or prone to errors I then would suggest scripting in combination with a simple title that will hold the value let the script read that value and send it to your multiple titles

Its not because it looks complex that is has to be operating it ;-) but any way you decide to do it , simplify it but it will demand some work in preparation sorry

Yes that could be an option. It is a roundabout way to solve it. A KeyValue store would be simpler and more robust. Should not be too hard to implement either.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 4:11:18 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
A KeyValue store would be simpler and more robust. Should not be too hard to implement either.

More robust ? it has to be handled by a human not ? so no matter where you store it if will be prone to something even pressing the correct buttons

Implement : several options are available from hidden title field to files , data Sources to external apps , IMO if the storage of a value is an issue than i believe you need a better plan/setup until such a keyvalue as you envision is available , sorry