logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBacker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:37:21 AM(UTC)
TBacker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a two-source / two-box custom virtual set created to allow operators to quickly set up a two-shot from a variety of sources.

This virtual set itself is a source for other multiview shots with motion background (video file looped) because a couple of them push it to the right to show a graphic for a phone caller headshot, social, etc. So the layers might be motion background + two-box set, or motion background + social ticker right + two box set (shrunk and pushed left), etc. Because of this, the virtual set background is transparent.

Right now if we change a zoom / pan in either of the two-box sources, we also have to carefully adjust cropping as well to keep it in it's frame. I'd like to avoid the fine cropping step. Coarse adjustments to avoid intrusion into the adjacent box would be okay, but having operators doing pixel-size adjustments to a source during live production is problematic.

Is there any way I can set up a mask for the two inputs on the virtual set, similar to the masking function in GT Title Designer? This would save a ton of time (and reduce the possibility of mistakes) when setting up these shots.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:59:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Could luma keying be of any help or UV maps in the virtual sets? (trying to visualize your setup)
TBacker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:50:21 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Could luma keying be of any help or UV maps in the virtual sets? (trying to visualize your setup)

Hmmm. Maybe. I played a bit with keying but not luma keying or UV mapping. I'll have to look closer.

The complication comes in trying to mask the video boxes while keeping the rest transparent. That's why I brought up GT Title Designer's mask function, which makes this easy for graphical elements.

Another way to describe what I'm attempting is to have two fixed cropped windows for two selectable video sources on a transparent background. I would be able to change, pan, and zoom those sources without them ever exceeding their display box bounds.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:23:51 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
UV maps will not exceed their initial boundaries while being able to zoom/pan their content

Check out the VT with UV maps example (demo UV map in the vt's that come with vMix)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
TBacker on 12/18/2019(UTC)
MaxSpecs  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 7:39:19 AM(UTC)
MaxSpecs

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@TBacker : have you find a workaround ?

To my side, I have to use 2 Mix.
... and in order not to use two mix (mix 3 & mix 4) then added an other input with new multiview of these mix to be able to crop, I just ask for a feature like a virtual flatten multi view to be able too accomplish what you want to do
-> https://forums.vmix.com/...tten-option-of-Multiview