logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Plamen  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 8:01:15 AM(UTC)
Plamen

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and love reading through all of the insights and interesting projects that people are working on!

We have a project of our own that we're trying to build out. We are upgrading our mobile production studio for esports and live events and are planning to incorporate Vmix. We are going to be using a Ross Carbonite switcher and I'm thinking that we'll use Vmix as our CG playout machine since it can send key/fill and the Ross Xpression hardware and software is quite expensive. I also think that we'll have a quad feed Vmix replay machine as well.

Here's what I'm thinking:

CG Playout (up to 4K60):
- Design and Build Graphics in GT
- Playout Graphics with separate Alpha channel
- Playout Videos if needed

4 Feed Replay:
- Capture 4 HD video feeds (wish they could be 4k soon)
- Playout Replays

Hardware:
- CPU Ryzen 9 3950x
- GPU 2080ti or Titan RTX
- SDI Card: Either Decklink 4k Extreme 12G or AJA Kona 5

The PCs would probably be used for video editing with Adobe when not live. I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any other suggestions for hardware in order to maintain a stable and reliable system. I know these will probably be fine since it's nearing the upper limit of consumer hardware, but input is always helpful.

Questions:
- Does anyone know if the AJA Kona PCIe cards can output separate Alpha channels or are Decklinks the only SDI cards that support that right now?
- I understand that replays are in 1080p, but will they upscale to 4K if the Vmix session is outputting that res?
- Does anyone have any other suggestions for hardware that might be useful in our workflow?

Thank you for any input!