logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bfreemannh  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 8:39:17 PM(UTC)
bfreemannh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am performing a YouTube 'Webcam Upload'. Under the Flash Payer Settings, I can add vMix Video to the Camera settings but 'vMix Audio' is not in the list of Microphones. It is missing as an option for a microphone.

If I start Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, I do see vMix Audio listed under my Audio devices. Even though I don't use RTMP streaming or start AFMLE for the 'Webcam Upload' service.

I re installed the latest version of Adobe player.

Would re installing vMix help? I would like to use the delay options in vMix audio output.

Any help would be much appreciated.
bfreemannh  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:09:32 PM(UTC)
bfreemannh

I still do not have a 'vMix audio' device listed under, Adobe Flash Player Settings\Microphone.
I am getting very discouraged with the lack of support for this product.
I'm sure I am five clicks away from having it working, I just need a little direction.

I have now tried completely un-installing\re-installing vMix, Flash media player and Adobe Live Media encoder.
I am not sure what else to do to get 'vMix Audio' to show up as a 'microphone' in the Flash Player Settings for YouTube's 'Webcam Upload' feature.

Am I the only person who wants to use vMix to record live to YT via this option, without setting up a stream using live events?
Can anyone else verify that they have 'vMix Audio' listed as a microphone source in the flash player settings?
To check, just go to youtube upload, select webcam upload and right-click in the black window, select settings then check your microphone settings.

Any replies much appreciated,

-B
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:12:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4153 time(s) in 1492 post(s)
Hi,

vMix Audio is only available for use by programs such as Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
and other dedicated encoding applications. It is not available with flash player unfortunately.

For flash player and other in browser programs, you can enable the Stereo Mix in windows to record audio that way.
See below:

http://www.howtogeek.com...ndows-7-to-record-audio/

Regards,

Martin
vMix
bfreemannh  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:01:16 PM(UTC)
bfreemannh

Martin,

I have come to understand that vMix is a small company and you have been quite busy with trade shows and recent upgrades. So I do apologize for my comment on lack of support. I can only imagine how much is on your plate. I do appreciate you replying to my question.

I tried your suggestion, but was unable to 'Enable' stereo mix on my laptop. I am now going to build a new system to run vMix, as the laptop just doesn't have the power to run it properly.

Do you have plans to add 'vMix Audio' to the flash player? Prior to vMix, I was using Manycam (crappy product) and they have a hook in flash player for both audio and video. I know your target audience is mostly professional, but being able to use the 'webcam upload' feature in YT makes it so easy to create a videos, on the fly.

Why would someone want to use vMix and YouTube 'webcam upload', you might ask? For creating quick hit and run professional looking videos.

I create repair videos of vintage audio restorations using a pair of c920 HD webcams, set to loop as a playlist, to switch through the cameras automatically. It is just much easier to start vmix and webcam upload, to save the video directly to YT. This saves me from having to start live event streaming and/or post uploading. This means I can focus on my restorations without the added stress of managing the production. Working on my restorations is performed when the opportunity arises. I would think that many video bloggers and hobbyist would love using this feature, as it removes all the complexity of setting up a live streaming event. Playing nice with YT webcam upload would open up a whole new market for vmix and remove much of the complexity associated with recording and live event streaming.

Martin, it's just a suggestion and I will continue to use vmix regardless. Maybe once I can get a computer that will allow me to utilize 'stereo Mix'as a source, this will all be moot. I'm just thinking that this would be an easy fix for you to add 'vMix Audio' to Adobe Flash media player (You are halfway there), if you could see the value in simplifying live uploading into YouTube. The videos upload great using this feature, just that I can not delay and sync the sound properly. It is so close to working properly, just think about it, Sir.

Respectfully,
-Brad

thanks 1 user thanked bfreemannh for this useful post.
Jim Lindenas on 4/9/2014(UTC)
Jim Lindenas  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:17:21 PM(UTC)
Jim Lindenas

I love your product and I'm getting good results with it but . . .

I have been trying to use Vmix to upload to YouTube via the webcam upload option with varying results. Being able to upload directly to YouTube would make Vmix a very attractive program for producing semi-professional YouTube videos.

Perhaps Vmix could have a specific, optimized option for YouTube video uploading. That would be a great addition. For now, I am swimming among all the Vmix and YouTube settings trying to get a good result on YouTube and avoid post-uploading of recorded files.

Thanks.