logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StephenLee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:09:37 PM(UTC)
StephenLee

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi all,

Currently I livestream via vMix to YouTube. To avoid copyright infringement, I mute the audio when commercial music is playing (I stream weddings and funerals).

I have now bought a copyright licence from OneMusic Australia which allows me to use commercial music within my livestreams. However, it's impossible to whitelist your channel and so YouTube will still hit me with infringements, strikes or will even stop my live feed because of it's Content Match system. I can clear any claims by giving my licence details but only after the event. And I can't risk them pulling the plug mid-stream.

So I'm looking to switch streaming providers. How do other people get round this problem? I'm thinking of using Vimeo and would be keen to hear from anyone here who uses Vimeo to live stream. Or does anyone have suggestions? Getting a clear answer from the FAQs on the sites or from their support desks is proving difficult.

Thanks!

sinc747  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 12:36:23 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I can't answer for Australia but here in the US I get YouTube claims made on my church's stream every week. Every week! This has been going on for maybe a year. I used to worry about the claims and try to fight them, but no more. I ignore them. The claims are for music that we perform live, not recorded music by the original artist.

Using the actual original version of copyrighted songs/music will probably result in more than a claim. Most ly it will result in strikes. I would proceed cautiously.

Streaming commercial using a white label private CDN like Dacast or Stream Shark will most likely violate their TOS but is very unlikely to be stopped. If you are being paid to stream, you probably need your own CDN anyway.

Hope these thoughts are helpful.

- Tom