logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dundurs  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:57:42 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thanks, with VMR9 mpeg2 files render just fine. However you have suggested previously to use EVR for FMLE, so I have to ask what is the advantage of EVR against VMR9?
Also is there any way to playback mp4 (h.264) videos in vMix ? for example http://video.tiesraides....jas_vestn_london2012.mp4

Regarding the video delay feature, this is a great feature and makes vMix the perfect choice for sports broadcasts. Thanks for implementing this. One thing though - can you make a 0.75x delay speed? 0.5x is too slow

Thanks,
Dundurs
melody  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:34:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi dundurs, here goes an ilucidation about video renders:

WEB: http://en.wikipedia.org/...#Video_rendering_filters
VMR (Video Mixing Renderer) - Windows XP

Windows XP introduced a new filter called the Video Mixing Renderer 7 (VMR-7 or sometimes just referred to as VMR). The number 7 was because VMR-7 only used DirectDraw version 7 to render the video and did not have the option to use GDI drawing. The main new feature of VMR-7 was the ability to mix multiple streams and graphics with alpha blending, allowing applications to draw text and graphics over the video and support custom effects. It also featured a "windowless mode" (access to the composited image before it is rendered) which fixed the problems with access to the window handle. VMR-7 was only officially released for Windows XP.

DirectX 9 included VMR-9. This version uses Direct3D 9 instead of DirectDraw, allowing developers to transform video images using the Direct3D pixel shaders. It is available for all Windows platforms as part of the DirectX 9 redistributable. As VMR-7 it provides a Windowless Mode. However, unlike Overlay mixer or VMR-7 it does not support video ports.

WEB: http://en.wikipedia.org/...#Enhanced_Video_Renderer
EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer) - Windows Vista/7

Media Foundation uses the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) for rendering video content, which acts as a mixer as well. It can mix up to 16 simultaneous streams, with the first stream being a reference stream. All but the reference stream can have per-pixel transparency information, as well as any specified z-order. The reference stream cannot have transparent pixels, and has a fixed z-order position, at the back of all streams. The final image is composited onto a single surface by coloring each pixel according to the color and transparency of the corresponding pixel in all streams.

Internally, the EVR uses a mixer object for mixing the streams. It can also deinterlace the output and apply color correction, if required. The composited frame is handed off to a presenter object, which schedules them for rendering onto a Direct3D device, which it shares with the DWM and other applications using the device. The frame rate of the output video is synchronized with the frame rate of the reference stream. If any of the other streams (called substreams) have a different frame rate, EVR discards the extra frames (if the substream has a higher frame rate), or uses the same frame more than once (if it has a lower frame rate).

hope it can help you...

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
melody  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:37:39 AM(UTC)

for mp4 playback, try to install k-lite mega codec pack and configure ffdshow to playback mp4. then unlock ffdshow filter in blocked list of vmix.
dundurs  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:58:44 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thanks for your suggestion, I will try that and let you know. However, I guess there is a reason why Martin has blocked this filter :)

Regarding VMR9 vs. EVR this probably is could be a longlasting dicussion. My priority is to deliver the best quality possible through FMLE, hence I was wondering if EVR is optimised for working with FMLE.
admin  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:16:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Dundurs,

To clarify, I can't remember every saying EVR works better with FMLE.
It may have been a particular video format you were running that I suggested might work better with EVR, but as far as FMLE goes, either will work and VMR9 is the most reliable as it has been tested the most.

That said, EVR will be improved in Beta 2.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
melody  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 12:21:19 PM(UTC)

hi martin,

here goes my feedback about v12:

1. mpeg-2 is wonderful, however i cant record the audio when using this codec.
2. the multicorder doesnt recognize my video sources (firewire cams and cx2388x pci-e capture (pixelview ultimate)), can you provide some help how to use the multicorder feature?
3. the problem that i had with my firewire cams seems to be fixed, now i can use my cams without any audio mixing problem.
4. the title feature is very cool but can you make only one window to edit title and text? separated boxes in a single window will improve real-time modifications.
5. im having some artifacts in virtual device, the output is not 100% clean, can you improve it and introduce 1024x576 at external device output?

the performance and stability of vmix are great. thank you martin for another BIG step forward in vmix by the new features. i hope a lot of people come and buy vmix.

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
admin  
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:49:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Melody,

1. MPEG-2 uses the same audio settings as for AVI, make sure you have configured the correct audio source when recording.
2. MultiCorder works with any capture device except HDV, make sure when using MultiCorder that you tick each source in the multicorder list before starting the recording.

Regards
Martin
vMix
melody  
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:55:03 AM(UTC)

hi again martin,

heres a screen about multicorder feature.

http://imageshack.us/pho...ges/846/multicorder.jpg/

hope this help, regards
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
admin  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:36:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

The multicorder feature only works for capture inputs where "Use VMR" is not ticked.

Regards,

Martin
vMix