logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankLeggett  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:26:23 AM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

I have a template which allows for about 12 competitors in a race but the amount of competitors vary. I load my data from a JSON table and when I don't have enough competitors in my JSON table to fill all the competitors text boxes I am left with the data from the previous race.

So if I have 12 runners in race 1 I can fill the textboxes in the template but if I have 9 runners in race 2, textboxes for Competitors 10 - 12 in my template I want to be empty but instead they are still populated by the data from race 1. When I go into Title Editor I find the data source for competitors name 12 is now set to auto.

Any ideas how I can change this.

I see there is an option in GT Designer for Hidden Data and in the Data source options there is a format box set to (0) can any of these help?
Jamesie84  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 11:04:42 PM(UTC)
Jamesie84

United Kingdom

Hi Frank,

I see this post is quite old now but I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever find a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Jay
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 11:18:36 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
if you have acces to the data source itself make sure that the # of competitors is at least the # of fields you want to fill. If you have less names add & fill the rest with blank data ( not empty!)

I you don't, empty all the textboxes in the Title first (small script can do that) before updating the Data source (function DataSourcePlay/Pause)