logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KuuKuu  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2014 4:53:29 PM(UTC)
KuuKuu

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm a complete novice at all of this tech stuff and have been looking for a solution that would allow me to steam live using 3 or 4 HDMI cameras, graphics, PIP, etc. It has been really overwhelming trying to sort everything out. I was so excited to stumble across the Blackmagic products like the TV studio and the ATEM 1. However, I really don't like all of the negative reviews of their products and sub-par customer support.

I've been thinking about the Roland V-40HD. It looks fabulous even though it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the V-40HD and could give an opinion on whether they think I would be better off purchasing a computer with all the appropriate hardwas (including vMix) rather than going with the Roland.

I can purchase the Roland unit for $4300. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that I would still need to run my stream into a computer and then back out to my streaming provider (I'm not sure if I would need to purchase a special card for this).

So I guess what I'm asking is, which route would you go and why?

Thanks for your help,
lee
Egriswold  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2014 10:56:34 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
KuuKuu wrote:
Hi,

I'm a complete novice at all of this tech stuff and have been looking for a solution that would allow me to steam live using 3 or 4 HDMI cameras, graphics, PIP, etc. It has been really overwhelming trying to sort everything out. I was so excited to stumble across the Blackmagic products like the TV studio and the ATEM 1. However, I really don't like all of the negative reviews of their products and sub-par customer support.

I've been thinking about the Roland V-40HD. It looks fabulous even though it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the V-40HD and could give an opinion on whether they think I would be better off purchasing a computer with all the appropriate hardwas (including vMix) rather than going with the Roland.

I can purchase the Roland unit for $4300. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that I would still need to run my stream into a computer and then back out to my streaming provider (I'm not sure if I would need to purchase a special card for this).

So I guess what I'm asking is, which route would you go and why?

Thanks for your help,
lee

KuuKuu
I'll build you a system based on Vmix HD with four inputs and two outputs for $4000.00 that will knock your socks off!!
I have plenty of experience building these systems just check out www.streambreeze.net
Thanks
Ed